- Custom manufacturing and formulation of specialty silicone adhesives, sealants, gels and coatings.
- Owner of fully equipped labs to develop and characterize coatings, both thixotropic and self-leveling sealants and adhesives, thermally conductive products, high temperature stable products, greases, compounds, and many cure chemistries.
- Specific silicone experience including: Silicone coatings and adhesives (both thixotropic and self-leveling), silicone sealants, thermally conductive silicones, high temperature stable products, silicone greases, silicone compounds and many silicone cure chemistries.
- Offers silicone process troubleshooting, product development, quality assessments, custom test methods, and processing enhancements.
- Routinely customizes silicone viscosity, cure speed, color, adhesion, tensile strength, tear strength, elongation, modulus, temperature resistance, conductivity and cure systems.
- Silicone markets addressed: consumer products, automotive, industrial, electronic and medical devices.
Undisclosed Company, President, 1996 - Present
- Custom silicone product development.
- Process troubleshooting of silicone systems.
- Seminars and training courses in silicone chemistry.
Undisclosed Company, Research and Development Director, Specialty Chemicals, Twinsburg, OH, 1995 - 1996
- Custom product development of consumer products.
May National Associates, Technical Director, Clifton, NJ, 1994 - 1995
- Managed research and development and quality control operations.
Norton Performance Plastics, Senior Materials Chemist, Akron, OH, 1993 - 1994
- Custom silicone product development of heat cure rubber.
Loctite Corporation, Automotive and Consumer Group, Cleveland, OH, 1987 - 1993
- Section Head managing a process and product development group.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Product Manager, Columbia, MD, 1986 - 1987
- Established the physical test division with sales from zero to $0.5 million in 6 months.
General Electric, QC and manufacturing, Silicone Products, Waterford, NY, 1973 - 1986
- Manufactured and tested silicone products.
Honors & Publications
Publications and Patents
- One U.S. patent.
- Author of a Handbook for Silicon Elastomers.
- Articles Published: Various aspects of silicone product, process and adhesion technology in: Adhesives Age, Adhesives & Sealant Industry, Paint & Coatings Industry and Rubber & Plastics News.
- B.S. Chemistry, Regents College, University of the State of New York, Albany, NY