- 32 years of technical expertise and field experience in membrane technology and water desalination, treatment and purification industry with hands-on involvement in over 50 large and strategic RO & UF (Reverse Osmosis and Ultrafiltration), plants worldwide.
- Water Desalination: Innovative developer in the areas of seawater, and brackish water desalination and industrial wastewater water purification.
- Water desalination treatment and purification using membrane technology processes of reverse osmosis (RO), nano filtration (NF), ultra filtration (UF) and micro filtration (MF).
- Membrane Technologies: Membrane system design, engineering management, factory and site testing, plant startups and commissioning, plant operation and performance monitoring, evaluation, optimization and trouble-shooting.
- Consulting: Water desalination feasibility studies, industry, business and market analyses and evaluation and planning assessments.
- Technology and Product Evaluations: Pilot plant design, setup, trial monitoring and evaluation of existing and new water desalination technologies, processes and products.
- Marketing: Establishing and conducting business in the Middle East/Arabian Gulf markets with a wide and extensive network of key government and private sector decision makers contacts.
- Expert-system software innovation, development, optimization, maintenance and licensing, (Silent Alarm™ technology & MASAR® software solutions), especially for fouling measurement and performance monitoring optimization.
- Senior Trainer: Practical technology applications training workshops and short courses, (classroom and on-site), as well as designing comprehensive and long-term training programs for in-house engineers and high-school graduates in the water and power industry.
- Large network of industry and decision-making contacts in the Middle-East, Europe and USA.
Undisclosed Company, Founder, President - Chief Consultant and Trainer, 1996 - Present
- Technical consulting and business development in the area of membrane technology applications for drinking/potable and industrial water desalination and purification.
- World wide project and proposal development, process design and performance evaluation, start-up, optimization and troubleshooting of membrane system operations.
- Designing and conducting advanced membrane desalination technology short courses and workshops for standard plant operations, fouling identification and management and plant performance monitoring, troubleshooting optimization and upgrade.
- Consulting, design and production of world-class and customized plant operating manuals and computer-based training in association with international partner company.
Projects: Middle East
- Conducted RO/UF on-site and analytical evaluations, troubleshooting and upgrades of dozens of seawater and brackish water desalination plants, especially in the Arabian Gulf, Red Sea and the Gulf of Oman Regions.
- Trained over 700 professionals in conjunction with IDA Biannual Congresses on desalination and water re-use, European Desalination Society's (EDS), Annual EuroMed and Desalination and the Environment Conferences, Annual Saudi Water & Power Forum, and International Research - Middle East (IIRME) Water & Wastewater Conference
- Specialized organization and public training courses for Dubai Electricity and Water Authority - DEWA, Water & Power Company of Jubail and Yanbu - MARAFIQ, Middle East Desalination Research Center,(MEDRC), Oman, and the Ministry of Electricity and Water, Bahrain.
- Project-Technical and Engineering and Director and Training Consultant for a major Independent Water and Power Projects (IWPP), in the Middle East.
- Established the first water desalination and power generation polytechnic training institute in the Middle East, qualifying students as plant operators and maintenance technicians in a 2-year diploma program.
Projects: Arabian Gulf
- Optimization and trouble shooting of 160,000 cubic meters a day, Al-Buraidah Brackish RO Desalination Plant for the Ministry of Water & Electricity, Al-Qassim Region, Saudi Arabia.
- Optimization and trouble shooting of Al Jubail 91,000cubic meters a day, Seawater RO Desalination Plant for the Saline Water Conversion Corp. (SWCC), Saudi Arabia.
- Evaluating, optimizing and upgrading the six 206,000 cubic meters a day, Riyadh RO Brackish Plants in Saudi Arabia for the Riyadh Water & Sewage Authority.
- Developing, testing and marketing licensing innovative technologies and software applications of the first real-time Silent Alarm™ membrane system, developed exclusively by MASAR® Technologies.
- The MASAR® software was tested, evaluated, validated and/or licensed at over 20 major desalination plants in the Middle East, USA, Malta and Australia, including those owned and operated by SWCC and ARAMCO (Saudi Arabia), South Australia Water Corp and others.
Biosphere 2®, Project-Decision Investments, Oracle, AZ, Director of Technical Marketing, 1993 - 1996
- Market development and optimization of environmental technologies and products; air and water purification and management of commercial testing and healthcare laboratory information.
- Monitoring, upgrading, optimizing and trouble-shooting of Biosphere's water treatment and CO2 chemical system.
- Designing and implementing environmental waste management compliance programs.
Aqua-Chem, Inc.. Milwaukee, WI, Development Manager, Membranes,1991 - 1993
- Development and marketing of RO membrane process technology in a new strategic business direction for the company.
- Integrated established technologies to maximize the company's technical and commercial competitive position in the RO membrane industry.
DuPont Co, Permasep® Products, Senior Technical Marketing Specialist, 1983 - 1990
- Provided technical and marketing leadership utilizing DuPont's hollow fine-fiber membrane technology in water desalination and industrial treatment systems on sites in the U.S., Switzerland, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates.
- Provided detailed process design reviews, plant startup assistance and performance monitoring, evaluating RO systems, employing polyamide HFF membranes in the Middle East which represented 70% of DuPont's RO membrane business worldwide.
- Spearheaded the technology marketing effort to establish new markets in highly competitive and challenging environments utilizing strategic business partnerships with international licensees, consultants and end users.
- Established and supported marketing strategies to maintain DuPont's leading market presence and continually increase market share through a diverse network of international licensees, especially in the Middle East, Indian Sub-continent, Mediterranean and Europe.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Arab Science and Technology Foundation (ASTF) - Forum on Water Desalination and Purification for the Arab World.
- International Desalination Association (IDA).
- European Desalination Society (EDS).
- Middle East Desalination Research Center (MDRC) - Project Advisory Committee.
- Arab Water World Magazine (AWW) - Editorial Consultants Board.
- Arabic speaker with fluency in 7 regional dialects and near native speaker and writer of American English.
- 7 years of Arabic and English technical translations, interpretations and technical on-site training.
- Authored over 25 publications at major international industry forums and conferences.
- M.Sc Chemical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- B.S. Chemistry, American University in Cairo, Egypt