- Petrochemical engineering specific to: Hydroprocessing process design, unit commissioning support, process analysis and optimization, research and development, budgeting, and supervision.
- Provide licensing proposals and technology support for the hydroprocessing, hydrocracking, and hydroisomerization technologies.
- Defining operating optimum, and lead in the implementation of best practices.
- Executing support to 13 of the 14 liquid phase EBMax technology licensees,15 EB vapor phase technology licenses and fuels dewaxing technology (MIDW).
- Providing: Catalyst regeneration, training, catalyst loading, catalyst operating guide preparation, preparing commercial proposals, prepared process monitoring reports and provided optimization guidance to existing licensee and provided troubleshooting guidance.
- Conduct pilot plant programs to evaluate alternatives.
- Specific techniques in troubleshooting, Hazop, modelling, statistical process control, and budget preparation.
- Petroleum Institute API-750 Standards-development of the testing systems and procedures.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Engineering Advisor, Present
- Provide technology support for the petrochemical clients.
ExxonMobil Research and Engineering, Advance Engineering Associate, 2006 - 2016
- Fulfilled the role of Licensing Fuels Support Group Head.
- Responsible for the coordination and preparation of licensing proposals and technology support for the hydroprocessing, hydrocracking, and hydroisomerization technologies sales and support.
- Served in the role of Discipline Technology Leader for the ExxonMobil fuels dewaxing technology (MIDW).
- Supported the ExxonMobil Technology Sales and Licensing fuels business strategy that has maintained ExxonMobil status of technology leader in the Fuels and Lubes dewaxing.
ExxonMobil Chemicals, Baytown, 2000 - 2006
- ExxonMobil and Badger technology is used to produce more than 56 % of the world's ethylbenzene.
- As part of the Technology Licensing Technical Support Group, we provide support to 13 of the 14 liquid phase EBMax technology licensees and 15 EB vapor phase technology licensees.
- Support included: Assisting in catalyst regeneration, training, catalyst loading, catalyst operating guide preparation; Assisting the licensing managers in preparing commercial proposals; Preparing processes monitoring reports and providing optimization guidance to existing licensee; And providing troubleshooting guidance as needed.
BPAmoco Texas City Refinery, Process Consultant Fractionation, 1997 - 2000
- Utilize fractionation to optimize the operation of the BPAmoco Texas City Refinery Fractionation facilities.
- Define operating optimum, and lead in the implementation of best practices.
- Provide consulting services in the fractionation, modeling, in addition to sponsor and coach new engineers in the area of expertise.
Sun Oil Company Research and Development, Engineer, 1994 - 1997
- Staff Engineer Process Support and Development.
- Provide technical support to the Sun Oil Company Refineries, in the areas of hydroprocessing, reforming, and lube manufacturing.
- Assisted in the optimization and troubleshooting of the operating units.
- Developed new product applications and took advantage of the available technology to improve the value of the refineries product streams.
- Evaluated catalysts and processes to improve the refineries' economic performance.
- Coordinated pilot plant programs to evaluate alternative feedstocks for the Yabucoa Refinery Lube Hydrotreater.
Yabucoa Sun Oil Company, Operations Technical Specialist, 1979 - 1994
- Process Engineer and Operations Plant Specialist.
- Established record production by directing the operation, optimization, maintenance, and capital activities.
- Implementation of a Reliability Program.
- Provided technical services to the areas of crude, hydrogen, lube hydrotreater, gas oil desulfurizer, gasoline reformer, and utilities.
- Designed and coordinated the installations of new facilities for the implementation of state-of-art technology to improve yields and reduce operating costs of the operating units under my responsibility.
- Coordination of technical, operating, and maintenance resources.
- Assisted in the development of an improved reformer catalyst regeneration procedure that resulted in a higher catalyst activity and significant reduction in equipment corrosion.
- Implemented an Operators Qualification and Certification Program to meet the American Petroleum Institute API-750 Standard.
- Development of the testing system and procedures.
- Established a Safety Program that reduced the accident occurrence by fifty percent.
Honors & Publications
- Software: Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, PROII, and HYSYS.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
- Association of International Chemical Engineering-AIChE
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, (Cum Laude), Recinto Universitario de Mayaguez, Porto Rico