- Business Process Excellence E2E: Sales and marketing, research and development-Engineering-system center operations.
- Chemical, materials, bio manufacturing processing.
- Technology innovation and transfer.
- Project Management.
- Certified supply chain professional (CSCP).
- Particle science and technology: Milling, dispersion, coating and encapsulation.
- Material handling in chemicals, electronics, polymers (film and fibers), pigment and coatings, food, biomaterials, and pharmaceuticals.
- Research and development.
- Market nanotechnology programs including nanoparticles, nanodispersion, nanolayer coating and encapsulation, controlled delivery systems, carbon nanotubes and nano composites.
Undisclosed Company), Consultant, 2016 - Present
- Responsible to configure, design, build and implement standard business processes for E2E business operations, S&M-R&D-Engineering- Plan-Source-Make-Deliver, for the fast growing contract development and manufacturing company.
DuPont, Wilmington, DE, Engineering Fellow and Business Process Manager, 1990 - 2016
- Designed a global standard customer master data process with the latest SAP MDG technology. Successfully launched globally.
- Supply chain expert responsible for Inventory mega projects, SC design and global supplier financing. Contributed over $10 million working capital reductions.
Venture Portfolio Manager (DuPont)
- Responsible for solar Photovoltaic (PV) strategic investing. Leading China PV technology landscape and new technology commercialization.
- New business project management: Responsible for Sorona biopolymer technology transfer project in China. Working with a Chinese partner and constructed a new polymer plant as a contract manufacturing facility to launch the new polymer business in China.
- Engineering Research Fellow: Lead Nanotechnology research and development.
- Contributed to two new nanotechnology based business ventures: DuPont Advanced Drug Delivery Systems and TiO2 Nanotechnology Solutions.
- Engineering Consultant: Responsible for trouble shooting and new process designs for particle and slurry processing for chemicals, materials and bio processes.
Kurimot Engineering, Osaka, Japan, Research Engineer, 1989 -1990
- Responsible to develop and commercialize a high energy planetary ball mill for submicron and nanosized particle production in advanced material applications.
- IT: Data, BI, ERP, SAP/MDG, and for business planning, customer service and transactional processes.
- Transformation: BP-Make-RTP-WHL-OTC-FIN process simplification and standardization.
Supply Chain Center of Competency
- Certified supply chain professional (CSCP).
- Reduced working capital (WC) by $1 million for a single product line through inventory optimization.
- Contributed $10 million cash flow for a business unit through strategic sourcing.
- Generated over $10 million WC savings by payment term improvement through global supplier financing.
- Redesigned a global supply chain to support business growth.
- Involved in invent and design a supply chain for a new biofuel technology commercialization.
Business Process Management
- End-to-End value chain analysis.
- Value driver identification.
- Process KPI development.
- Financial modeling.
- Value capture.
- Certified Lean Practitioner and six sigma BB.
- Demonstrated project completion in multiple businesses.
- Delivered financial benefits.
- TiO2 white pigment chloride manufacturing technology from mineral to finishing.
- Polyester fiber production from TPA to CP, POY and DTY.
- Liquid flowable product delivery systems (PDS): crop protection chemicals, inks, automotive coatings, fiber additives.
Engineering Research and Technology (Global)
- Engineering consulting: Expert in particle science a technology: Milling, dispersion, coating and encapsulation, material handling for businesses including chemicals, electronics, polymers, film, fibers, pigment and coatings, food, biomaterials, and pharmaceuticals.
- Research and development: Invent and developed several new processes and new products. Generated patents and intellectual properties.
- Open innovation for technology to market: Initiated nanotechnology programs including nanoparticles, nanodispersion, nanolayer coating and encapsulation, controlled delivery systems, carbon nanotubes and nano composites. Started 2 internal business ventures: Advanced Drug Delivery Systems and TiO2 nanotechnology Solutions. Leading internal research and business organizations engaging with external universities and startups.
Honors & Publications
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (DuPont)
- Certified Lean Practitioner (DuPont)
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (APICS)
- Certified Supply Chain Operations Reference Professional (SCW/APICS)
- Certified supply chain professional (CSCP)
- Certified PMP (PMI)
- CPR / AED
- Professional Engineer, P.E., PP
- Chinese, very fluent
- Japanese, very fluent
- German, reading
- Spanish, conversation
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS)
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Chemistry Contact Network (CCN)
- Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- DuPont Product Delivery Systems Quality Award
- DuPont Nanotechnology Award
Publications and Patents
- More than 30 publications and presentations in international particle technology journals and conferences
- Two U.S. patents
- MBA Global Management, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan,
- M.S. Chemical Engineering, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, China