- Immuno-oncologist in various immunological and flowcytometric assays designs for humans and mice.
- Flowcytometry: Designing and running panels (both intracellular and surface) using various machines on 4-10 color platforms (BD FACS Aria, Calibur, LSR II, Canto, MoFlo) on human PBMCs, AML samples from patients and mouse cells ex vivo and in preclinical humanized models of mice on NOG platform.
- Creating and studying in vivo mouse models to analyze T and myeloid cells from humans and mice (RAG/BALB/C57Bl6) for in vivo or in vitro studies.
- Molecular biology and immunology techniques including but not limited to recombinant DNA cloning, PCR, sequencing, ELISA, in situ hybridization, immunoblots.
- Molecular Biology vector design and cloning techniques.
- SOP, IACUC, BUA protocol writing.
- Identifying arthritis and preclinical oncology drug testing platforms in mice/humanized mice.
- Writing and reviewing SOPs, IACUC, BUA protocols.
Undisclosed Company, Research Scientist, Present
- Planned, and conducted Immunology Oncology studies utilizing preclinical AML avatars of humanized NOG mice on contract research through Champions.
- Flow cytometric assays for humanized mice using 8 color flow panels.
- Wrote National Cancer Institute grants and SOPs for a GLP laboratory. Managed laboratory services on day-to-day basis.
University of California - Davis, Sacramento, CA, Assistant Project Scientist Step III, 2013 - 2016
- Osteoimmunology; Rheumatoid arthritis; Created mouse inflammatory arthritis models by in vivo minicircle DNA delivery of cytokine genes and studied the role of T and myeloid cells in the models by flowcytometry.
- Designed project study and executed the project.
- Wrote and obtained a successfully funded federal grant from National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, U.S.
- Reviewer for newly developed antibodies by Biolegend, BD Biosciences.
- Wrote manuscripts for publication.
Knowtions Inc ., Toronto, CA, Editor, 2015
- Editing manuscripts translated to native English from a software based multilingual scientific platform.
- Constant feedback towards improvements in software development and strategies to provide best translations for publications in high profile scientific journals.
- Supervised Ph.D graduate and postdoctoral candidates at UC Davis and performed and troubleshooting complicated flowcytometric analysis.
- Supervised Yale undergraduate and medical students.
- Trained technicians at University of Chicago.
- Trained Ph.D. student at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
- Teaching Assistant to post graduate (M.S. Biotechnology) students during doctoral training at the AIIMS.
Honors & Publications
Focused Studies and Thesis
- Overexpression of a novel obligately anaerobic bacterial redox system. (Purification and characterization of thioredoxin system that comprised of three cytosolic enzymes and studying the regulation of metalloprotease gene that was membrane bound).
- Identification, cloning and expression of a novel malarial (P. vivax) tryptophan rich antigenic protein. Gold Medalist in the University
- Dissertation: Studying the Spectral Repeat Finder, GenScan developed at the Bioinformatics center JNU, Delhi.
- Hindi: Fluent in conversation, reading and writing.
- Punjabi: Fluent in conversation, reading and writing
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- EnCorps STEM fellow
- Elected member Sigma Xi
- American Association of Immunologists
- American Society of Microbiologists
- NIH supplemental grant
- Yale University postdoctoral fellowship
- The University of Chicago postdoctoral scholarship, 2006- 2007
- Reviewer for the International Journal of Biomedical Sciences
- Reviewer for the journal Military Medicine
- Awarded highly competitive and prestigious junior and senior research fellowship from University Grants Commission, India
- Awarded highly competitive fellowship by the Department of Biotechnology, India during M.S.
- Research work was recently cited as an important finding in the medical newsletter NewsRx
- Author and Co-Author of numerous publications: Bibliography, educational text, peer reviewed journals, abstracts and conferences.
- Ph.D Immunology, (AIMS) All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi India
- M.S. Biotechnology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi India
- B.S, Microbiology, University of Delhi, Delhi, India