- Ceramics technical support: Training manuals, utilization of refractories in the petroleum industry including the development of numerous patents.
- Refractories engineering, overseeing more than 100 major turnarounds, providing ceramics and refractories support for over 35 years in the petroleum industry.
- Refractory lining materials for refinery and petrochemical applications including selection, design, installation, inspection, quality control, and dryout.
- Led refractory oversight for numerous projects including FCC, sulfur recovery. powerforming, reforming, fluid coking, flexicoking unit new constructions and or major revamps.
On Site Services
- Chemical resistant lining materials.
- Hydrodemolition of Fluid/FLEXI- Coker reactor wall coke.
- Turnaround execution for fluid solids units.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Refractory Engineer, Present
- Providing regulatory support for petroleum clients: Refractory Installation quality control, inspection and testing monolithic refractory linings and materials.
- Service clients through equipment optimization, technical inspections through laser mapping, and turnaround execution for fluid solids units.
Commercial Technology Leader
- Lead technical expert in ceramics and refractories.
- Authored/Coauthored 24 patents, numerous company standards and training manuals.
- Taught training seminars.
Technology Development and Failure Analyses
- Erosion resistant refractories.
- Advanced anchoring systems.
- Optimization of gunning equipment and techniques.
- Quick forming casting techniques.
- Pump casting and self flowing castables.
- Advanced Inspection techniques including laser mapping.
- Repair/replacement criteria and remaining life.
- Improved techniques for thermal conductivity measurement and erosion resistance testing.
- Hot spot treatment and remediation.
- Hydrodemolition of refractory linings.
- Catalyst agglomeration.
- Mechanical behavior of refractory lined piping.
- Dryout and prevention of explosive spalling.
Honors & Publications
- API 936
- API 936 Certification Program
- Revision of API 560 Refractory Requirements
- Revision of ASTM C704
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Chairman API Refractory Task Force during a ten year tenure.
Publications and Patents
- Authored or co-authored numerous papers through his API and ACS participation.
- Presented topics at many industry exchange meetings.
- Author of training manuals and corporate standards. requirements.
- 24 patents filed.
- M.S. Ceramic Science, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- B.S. Ceramic Engineering, Alfred University, Alfred, NY