- Design and fabrication of reactor vessels, steam generators and pressurizers.
- Piping for commercial and non-commercial nuclear systems, as well as, non-nuclear vessel design, fabrication and certification.
- Stress classification, fatigue and elevated temperature design for pressure vessel components.
- Pressure vessel design and analysis.
- Linear and non-linear finite element analysis for mechanical and thermal analysis of pressure vessels and framed structures.
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of non-linear computerized methods for electric power transmission structures.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Engineering Advisor, Present
Independent Consultant, Present
Principal Engineer II
- Naval nuclear steam generator component mechanical design, shipping rig design and construction.
- Technical Support Team Chairman, technical papers, ASME nuclear and non-nuclear code certification, and registered professional engineers qualification maintenance.
Senior Principal Engineer
- Completed structural evaluation of solid oxide fuel cell components including finite element analysis using ABAQUS FEA software for linear and non-linear contact capabilities.
- Completed probability of failure analysis based on Weibull Modulus material testing.
- Evaluated operational thermal and mechanical loading and manufacturing processes of "green" ceramic tape material, lamination pressures and temperatures, and deformation.
Code Specialist and Senior Principal Engineer
- Completed local post-weld-heat treating evaluation analysis using ANSYS finite element code, ASME Code Certification, Registration and Accreditation for manufacturing sites.
- Acted as a Lead Nuclear Auditor and Lead Nuclear Auditor ISO-9000 certification and standard practice system maintenance.
Senior Stress Engineer
- Developed and implemented user post-processing computer programs for design compliance.
- Developed specification and testing of an automated finite element stress analysis system and computer-based tools for stress classification for three-dimensional finite element analysis.
- Developed and trained new engineers.
- Naval nuclear reactors and reactor components design and analysis, stress classification, fatigue and fracture.
- Staff operations of PVRC, Volunteer Committees, Project Execution, Finances, Fund Raising, Technical Oversight of Design, Materials and Fabrication, and Continued Operation of Equipment Projects.
- Design of Section III Division 1 components for ASME Professional Development.
Honors & Publications
- Professional Engineer
- ASME Code certification for construction of Section VIII Div. 1, Div. 2 and Div. 3 vessels and Section III, Division 1 Class 1, 2 and 3 vessels.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Distinguished member of 12 Engineering, Design, and Nuclear Power Associations.
- Other memberships; BV-VIII and Subgroup Design VIII; Board on Pressure Technology Codes and Standards; Board on Metrication and Board on International Standards.
- ASME Board on Nuclear Codes and Standards
- ASME Board on Pressure Technology Codes and Standards
- Subcommittee on Design of BPV III Member and Secretary
- Subgroup on General Requirements (BPV III) Member
- ASME B&PV Code Subcommittee VIII
- ASME B&PV Code Subcommittee VIII Subgroup on Design
- Task Group Duties and Responsibilities (SGGR, BPV III) Member
- Subcommittee on Accreditation (QAI) Alternate
- Committee on Boiler & Pressure Vessel Conformity Assessment (CBPVCA)
- Associate Editor for The ASME Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology
- Member, International Council on Pressure Vessel Technology, Secretary of The Americas Regional Committee
- The ASME Pressure Vessels and Piping Division
- Chair ASME QAI-1 Standards Committee
- Awarded 10 awards from ASME, PVRC and WRC
- Authored 21 published papers.
- M.S. Structural Design, Mechanics, Vibration, and Mathematic, University of Akron, OH
- B.S. Engineering, University of Akron, OH