- MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical Systems) and NEMS (Nanomechanical Systems), from spec to product; design, micro - nanofabrication and characterization.
- Broad cleanroom knowledge: Microfabrication techniques: Photolithography, E-beam lithography, focused ion beam, PECVD, LPCVD, PLD, thermal oxidation, sputtering, thin film evaporation, RIE, DRIE, wet etching, wafer bonding and cleanroom processes for micro and nanofabrication.
- In-situ microscopy and characterization.
- Characterization techniques: Spectroscopy and microscopy.
- Graphene based technologies.
- Micro and nanosensors.
- Gas microreactors.
- (Bio) nanotechnology.
- Nanotools for manipulation of matter.
Undisclosed Company, Microsystems Manager, 2014 - present
- Managing the engineering and development of the MEMS for in-situ heating, in-situ gas, in-situ liquid and in-situ biasing studies.
- Product line management.
- Development and optimization of sample preparation techniques.
- Specifying requirements for current and future products by conducting research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- New product development.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Customer demos and roadshows.
TU-Delft, Delft, The Netherlands, MEMS Engineer and Researcher, 2010 - 2014
- Computational design and modelling of MEMS devices: SolidWorks, MATLAB, L-Edit, COMSOL
- Cleanroom fabrication: Photolithography, E-beam lithography, focused ion beam, thermal oxidation, LPCVD, PECVD, thin film evaporation, sputtering, RIE, DRIE, KOH, TMAOH, BHF, H3PO4, vapor HF, direct and anodic bonding, oxygen plasma, HNO3 and RCA.
- Characterization techniques: SEM, TEM, FIB, AFM, infrared microscopy, white light interferometry, Raman spectroscopy, fluorescence and optical microscopy, XPS, EDS and EELS.
- Micro and nanofluidic devices for applications in biology, chemistry and materials science.
- Mechanical manipulation of graphene.
Competence Centre for Catalysis, Gothenburg, Sweden, 2009 - 2010
Research Engineer in Nanocatalysis
- Nanocatalysts development via nanolithography for applications in carbon oxidation.
- Nanofarication of nanocatalysts.
Max Bergmann Zentrum fur Biomaterialien, Dresden, Germany, 2008 - 2009
Research Engineer in Bionanotechnology
- Development of mesoporous nanovesicles for drug delivery purposes.
Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico, Automation Engineer, 2007 - 2008
- Creation of human-machine interfaces.
- Mechanical balancing.
- Device configurations.
- PLC programming.
Honors & Publications
- Green Belt Certificate on Lean Six Sigma
- Cleanroom Certification (Class 10, 100)
- Cleanroom Certification (Class 100, 10000)
- Certification on "Nanotechnology and Nanosensors."
- English - Fluent
- Dutch - Fluent
- French - Fluent
- German - Conversation
- Italian - Fluent
- Spanish - Native
- Swedish - Basic
- Turkish - Basic
- Ph.D. Cum Laude, Technical University of Delft
- Best Scientific Poster Award within 3mE Faculty, Delft University of Technology
- Best Scientific Poster Award at the Micro and Nano Technology International Conference
- Plenary Session at the "NanoNextNL: Theme 2 - Energy" meeting
- Best Presentation and Best Paper Award at the 3M-Nano International Conference
- Scholarship "CONACYT" (National Committee of Science and Technology of Mexico).
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship from the European Commission.
- Scholarship "Fundacion Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua".
- Awarded by the company Jabil Circuits, for improving their service and product reliability.
- Cum Laude, Instituto Tecnologico de Monterrey
- Winner of Oral Communication Contest.
- Author and Co-Author or numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals, manuscripts, and conferences.
- Ph.D. Micro and Nano Engineering, Technical University of Delft, The Netherlands
- M.S. Nanotechnology, Chalmers University, Sweden
- M.S. Molecular Bioengineering, Technical University of Dresden, Germany
- B.S. Mechatronics Engineering, Monterrey Institute of Technology, Mexico