- Mechanical design, analysis, testing of refinery process equipment.
- Petroleum refinery technology development.
- Capital projects and commissioning new facilities.
- Coal liquefaction and hydrocracking.
- Refinery plant operations and turnaround support.
- Engineering contractor review and follow-up.
- Performed detailed stress analyses per ASME Code Section VIII division 2 of pressure vessel components, including nozzle to shell junctions, internal support attachments, skirt to shell junctions, and high temperature internals.
- Recommended material, design, fabrication, and testing requirements for high pressure and temperature hydrocracking reactors and fluid solids equipment.
- Provided engineering contractor review and follow-up on large projects including coal liquefaction plant, Rotterdam, Netherlands, flexicoking project, Baytown, Texas, lubes project, and Singapore lubes project.
- Provided onsite engineering support for plant startups, turnarounds, emergency shutdowns, and troubleshooting.
- Startup: Coal liquefaction plant.
- Turnarounds and troubleshooting: Mumbai, Sakai, Sarnia, Fawley, Port Jerome, Trecate, Hamburg, Baton Rouge, Baytown, Beaumont, and Benicia Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC) units.
- Equipment expertise: Pressure vessels, piping, fluid solids systems, advanced mathematical analysis of vessels and internals in FCC, fluid coking, Flexicoking, and hydroprocessing units.
Honors & Publications
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of New Jersey.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Chairperson of three committees and holding positions including:
- Member ASME Board of Pressure Technologies Codes and Standards
- Member of the Standards Committee/TOMC
- Member of Subgroup Design of BPV VIII/Subcommittee VIII
- Member Subgroup Toughness of BPV VIII/Subcommittee VIII
- Member Subgroup General Requirements of BPVIII/Subcommittee VIII
- Member U-2(g) Task Group
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH