- Synthetic organic chemistry, organo-fluorine, polymer chemistry, hydroboration, reduction, hydrocyanation, and diazonium chemistry.
- Fluorosurfactants, fluoroprotectants, fluoroalcohols, chemical processing of fluoroiodide through alcohol to finished products.
- Development of emulsion fluoropolymers used for coating products for textiles, paper, stone and floor products.
- Development of small molecule fluoro products such as surfactants for paints.
- Product development from products downstream of TFE.
- Six Sigma Black Belt with focus on chemical processing.
Expert Witness Experience
- Legal assistance: Documentation and guidance in drug cases.
Independent Consultant, Present
- Provide clients in developing new fluorochemical products specific.
- Upscale and improve existing products.
- Onsite training for various clients.
Undisclosed University, NJ, 1996 - Present
Assistant Professor of Chemistry, 2009 - Present
- Organic and General Chemistry lecture series and laboratory programs designed for pre-med, chemistry, engineering, and biology students.
- Supervised undergraduate research program at Chemistry Department and presented research findings as part of a S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math) Poster Session.
- Mentored students for acceptance into graduate, medical, and dental schools and permanent positions in industry.
Adjunct Professor of Chemistry, 1996 - 2009
- Organic Chemistry
DuPont, Deepwater, NJ, 1988 - 2013
Consultant, 2009 - 2013
- Provide new chemistry, process, and scale up procedures on a large scale to DuPont.
- Maintain an active role in guiding a team of Ph.D., Masters, and B.S. Chemists to maintain and improve current products at Chambers Works.
- Establish direction for using outside companies to provide material for DuPont business.
- Review current processes to provide a new chemical approach to improve productivity, green chemistry, and streamlining of work.
Sr. Research Chemist, 2001 - 2009
- Mentored and taught chemical manufacturing to other principle investigators, chemists, and laboratory technicians.
Senior Scientist, 1993 - 2009
- Provided guidance and technology direction in production and trouble shooting for more than 40 different commercial products. These products generate more than 2.2 million dollars revenue per year.
- Developed and manufactured six new products for major chemical company of a commercial scale with 1 million dollar revenue per year.
Senior Information Scientist, 1993 - 2001
- Responsible for documentation leading to patenting DuPont technology.
- Provided in-depth literature and market analysis for DuPont Scientists.
- Co-authored and published a chapter entitled "Information Retrieval" in the Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology.
Research and Development Scientist, 1988 - 1993
- Provided new chemistry and processes for fluorobenzene, aminonitriles, NuStar Fungicide, and chlorosilane.
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, 2007 - 2009
- Instructor: General and Organic Chemistry lecture series designed for pre-med, chemistry, engineering, and biology students.
Salem Community College, Pennsville, NJ, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, 1992
- Instructor: Analytical Chemistry course including both lecture and laboratory dealing with instrumentation such as gas chromatograph, HPLC, AA, IR, and NMR.
Dow Chemical Company, Midland, MI, Senior Chemist, 1983 - 1988
- Provided new chemistry and processes for Dow's Chemical Agricultural Department. Synthesized the first Dow Chemical Optically Active Herbicide.
Purdue University, Department of Chemistry West Lafayette, IN, Postdoctoral Fellow, 1981 - 1983
- Developed new reagents to convert carboxylic acids to the corresponding aldehydes.
Honors & Publications
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Chemical Society - ACS
Publications and Patents
- Published eight original publications related to hydroboration, reduction, and organic synthesis in peer review journals.
- Presented a poster at the MARM-American Chemical Society
- Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, Drexel University, PA