- Chemical hazard communication (industrial, consumer, U.S., Canada, E.U., some Pacific Rim).
- Chemical product regulatory clearances (PMNs).
- Chemical product regulatory compliance (DOT, FDA, FIFRA, CPSC)
- Chemical product safety program development and departmental reviews.
- Product design and product stewardship programs.
- Toxic substances controls and pre-manufacturing notifications: Review and enhancement of compliance programs for the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Any company that makes or uses chemicals needs a comprehensive program in place.
- Training in OSHA Hazard Communications Standard, Safety Data Sheets and Labels, (SDS, MSDS).
Expert Witness Experience
- Warnings expert for chemical hazard communication. Numerous cases over the last 15 years as an expert witness and - 15 depositions as an employee of Fortune 500 company.
Undisclosed Company, President, 1998 - Present
- Consultant for all aspect of chemical product safety with emphasis on chemical hazard communication and regulatory compliance.
- Training of client personnel.
- Acquisition due diligence activities.
- Compliance auditing for various regulatory and product stewardship areas.
AlliedSignal Inc., (Honeywell International), Morristown, NJ, 1984 - 1998
Corporate Director of Product Safety and Integrity
- Leader of Product Safety programs for entire corporation (chemical, aerospace and automotive businesses).
Manger - Product Safety, 1984 - 1993
- Chemical product regulatory compliance and hazard communication - 20 business units within the chemicals and materials businesses of the corporation.
- Managed programs and created labels and MSDSs.
- Performed product safety due-diligence on acquisitions.
- Provided consultation to law department on various compliance issues.
Allied Chemical, Morristown, NJ, Manger - Product Responsibility Programs, 1979 - 1983
- Developed product stewardship programs and educated virtually all sales personnel in the industrial chemical group in product stewardship implementation.
- Created precautionary labels and data sheets.
- Helped educate hazmat personnel and emergency responders.
- Manager for emergency responses to chemical accidents and spills.
Supervisor (New York site), Manufacturing, 1978 - 1968
- Supervisor of synthetic soda ash (dry side) and chlorobenzene facilities.
- Supervisor of energy control for entire manufacturing complex.
- Financial analysis of plant expansion and other capital projects.
- Technical assistant and startup engineer for various facilities.
Honors & Publications
- Registered Specialist - SDS and Label Authoring (AIHA Registry Programs)
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manger (CHMM)
- Fellow of the Institute for Hazardous Materials Management (IHMM)
- Multiple short courses in risk management and perception, toxicological end points, DOT compliance and management techniques.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Trustee of the NJ Chapter of the Alliance of Hazardous Materials Professionals
- Website Chair - Society for Chemical Hazard Communications.
- Member of New Jersey Transcaer
- M.B.A. Business Administration, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Polytechnic Institute or Brooklyn (Polytechnic of NYU), Brooklyn, NY