- Metabolic engineering of microbial systems.
- Construction of plasmid vectors and strain development.
- High throughput screening of anticancer compounds.
- Analysis of natural products using GC-MS and HPLC.
- Mammalian cell culture.
Undisclosed University, 2011 - Present
- Metabolic engineering and directed evolution of perillyl-alcohol biosynthetic pathway in Escherichia coli to produce novel anti-cancer compounds.
- Engineered the perillyl alcohol biosynthetic pathway including CYP450 enzyme in E. coli using SOE-PCR and DNA cloning techniques.
- Developed a strain of E. coli capable of producing limonene and other monoterpenes that can be quantified using SPME GC-MS.
- Created a library of over 5000 mutants capable and screened the library using HTS approach against breast cancer cell lines.
- Published research paper in peer reviewed scientific journal Plos-One and received several accolades from industry associations.
- Supervised three undergraduate students.
- Testing of natural anti-cancer compounds on mouse fibroblast cell lines.
- Analyzed data for comparing the efficacy of natural anti-cancer compounds using anti-proliferative cell assays against breast cancer cell lines.
- Performed data collection using 96-well plate molecular devices spectrophotometer and multiwell plate biotek fluorimeter.
- Developed Statistical Analysis Systems, (SAS) programs for exploratory data analysis, data cleansing and validation.
- Worked in all phases of analysis including requirements gathering, overview of data and assessment of data quality, selection of appropriate models and statistical tests.
- Cloning, expression, and purification of viral p28 gene in escherichia coli and saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Cloned a viral gene p28 as a fusion protein with GFP into E. coli and S. cerevisiae.
- Demonstrated the expression of fusion protein and optimized purification for maximum yield using SDS-PAGE and Western blotting.
- Led a team of 12 graduate students for successful completion of the project.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Society of Microbiology
- American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Mid-Atlantic Pharmacology Society
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award
- Outstanding leadership Award
- Author of peer reviewed medical articles, posters and academic testing.
- Various posters and platform presentations at national and international conferences.
- Ph.D. Cell and Molecular Biology, University of the Sciences, Philadelphia, PA
- B.S. Engineering in Biotechnology, Panjab University, India