- Process Safety Management, (PSM) audits.
- Process hazard analysis.
- Safety training for chemical manufacturing facilities.
- Industrial Hygiene, (IH) management.
- Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) gap assessments.
- Air permitting and compliance.
Expert Witness Experience
- Nitrogen Asphyxiation Fatality - Provided expert witness as a CIH on a nitrogen asphyxiation case at a chemical plant. Deposed but the case settled out of court before the trail.
Undisclosed Company, 2000 - Present
Process Safety Management IP (PSM)
- Conducted Process Safety Management audits for multiple facilities to assess compliance with OSHA's Process Safety Management (PSM) standard.
- Conducted Process Hazard Analysis (PHAs) for multiple facilities.
Safety Professional - Process Safety Management
- Developed facility-wide PSM written programs and procedures, conducted process hazard assessments (PHAs), and provided training on written procedures for an aluminum smelter facility.
Safety Professional - Safety Outsourcing
- Auditing, training, and industrial hygiene for a large Chemical Facility
- Developed and maintained safety procedures for large chemical manufacturing facility. Provided safety outsourcing which included safety inspections and training.
- Developed and managed IH program. Provided outsourcing services for more than 10 years.
Safety Professional - Safety Program Development Management
- Development management and assistance, for an aluminum automotive parts manufacturers .
- Developed safety procedures, conducted inspections, and provided training for several automotive parts facilities with aluminum processing and melting operations.
Safety Professional - IH Management and Support
- Industrial hygiene management and support of a large primary aluminum smelter.
- Assisted primary aluminum smelter with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance support, auditing, and IH program development, sample collection, and report reviews.
Industrial Hygiene Projects
Safety Professional - Corporate IH Program Management
- IH program management in the paper and chemical Industries.
- Manages corporate nationwide contract for IH and safety services with two major paper manufacturers with multiple paper mills, numerous container and other related facilities.
- Manages corporate contract for IH services with specialty chemical manufacturer.
Safety Professional - Industrial Hygiene Monitoring
- Conducted IH monitoring exposure monitoring for air contaminants, noise exposure, heat stress, and other common personnel stressors.
- Monitoring was conducted at numerous types of facilities including aluminum smelters, chemical facilities, pulp and paper mills, and numerous types of manufacturing facilities.
Safety Professional - Industrial Hygiene Management and Support
- Assisted large coal-fired power plant with industrial hygiene program development, sample collection and report reviews.
Safety Professional - Machine Guarding Assessments
- Under a Government defense contractor, conducted machine-guarding evaluation and risk assessment for large government vendor.
Safety Professional - OSHA VPP Gap Assessments
- Conducted comprehensive OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) Gap Assessments to assess large chemical facilities' readiness for OSHA VPP certification.
Air Permitting and Compliance
- Conducted emissions inventory surveys for numerous facilities.
- Prepared air permitting application and revisions for numerous facilities.
- Assisted with reporting and other air permitting compliance activities. Also prepared Risk Management Plans (RMPs) and provided update support.
Hazardous Waste Compliance
- Assisted facilities with hazardous waste identification, registrations and general compliance activities.
- Provided hazardous waste training, prepared annual hazardous waste reports, and assessments.
- Assisted facilities with Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) compliance.
- Activities included preparation of Tier II reports and Toxic Release Inventory Reporting.
Storm Water and SPCC Compliance/Groundwater Protection Plans
- Developed storm water, SPCC, and Groundwater Protection Plans for numerous facilities. Assisted with storm water collection, reporting, and training activities.
Honors & Publications
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), No. 8274 CP
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), No. 18803
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER - Site worker (29 CFR 1910.120)
- B.S. Environmental Science, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY