- Specialist in computer controlled machine and related software and hardware engineering.
- Software development for machine and robotic movement.
- Technical architect of multi-million dollar projects with Fortune 500 companies and Federal agencies including: NASA, Whirlpool, Michelin, Merck, Medtronics, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, the US Air Force, U.S. Army and U.S. DOE.
- Extensive experience and training in software, hardware, machine, automation and instrumentation.
- Author and architect of five copyrighted software systems.
Expert Witness Experience
- Served as an expert witness in over 20 cases and providing support in the following areas: Automated guided vehicles, computer controlled equipment, wood manufacturing process, theater and stage accidents, and robotic surgical equipment.
Undisclosed Company, Chief Engineer, 2004 - Present
- Ultimate responsibility for technical success of projects.
- Technical lead of software, electrical and mechanical engineering teams.
- Designed manufacturing systems for implantable defibrillators, pacemakers, high-powered lasers, radar, satellites, transmitters, receivers and commercial airliners.
- Developed deployment system for unmanned aircraft.
- Products include automated systems, control technologies and high-fidelity systems.
Undisclosed Company, Founder, 2003 - Present
- Engineering consulting and forensic support services specializing in computer controlled machines.
Trilogy Development Group, Austin, TX, Software Architect, 1998 - 2003
- Owner of technical delivery at all Fortune 500 pricing customers.
- Created optimization algorithms for pricing and promotion software.
- Lead developer for contract and pricing management applications.
- Delivered customer success at Whirlpool, Michelin, Eaton and Merck.
- Optimized query structure for 100X performance improvement at Michelin.
- Designed database structure for query optimization of very large (over 108 rows) tables.
Honors & Publications
- Certified P.E.
- Software: Oracle, SQL Server, SQL, C/C+,+, C#, Java, ASP, ASP.net, VB, Windows, Unix, Ladder, Logic, RSLogix, CX-Programmer, CoDeSys, Algorithms, and Optimization.
- Hardware: Robotics, Automated Systems, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGV), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and Manufacturing Systems.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Judge R&D Magazine Top 100 Developments
- C. Rowe Fellow
- Tau Beta Pi
- IEEE Division X Professional Activities Chairman
- NASA Certificate of Merit
- Author of over twenty-five technical publications and government reports.
- Ph.D. Robotic Systems, The University of Texas at Austin, TX
- M.S.M.E. Biomedical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, TX
- B.S.E.E. Instrumentation and Computer Engineering, Rice University, Houston, TX