Manufacturing processes for critical, precision, and industrial cleaning.
- Evaluate, optimize surface quality of manufactured objects and subassemblies (hard surfaces).
- Evaluate, downselect and implement process equipment and chemistries.
- Understanding of solvent, aqueous, and "non-chemical processes."
- Cleaning process design, cleaning process validation.
- Cleanroom optimization.
- Set up product monitoring program.
- Design analytical test program and assess analytical test results.
- Develop and test cleaning agents and cleaning processes.
- Expedite, facilitate resolution of safety and environmental regulatory issues.
- Review, assess intellectual property issues.
- Market research, applications of products to diverse applications.
- Recommendations of process options for stringent regulatory climates.
- Intellectual property assessment, U.S. and international.
- Assistance to litigants in patent disputes.
- Research in environmental policy.
- Training, education, tutorials, presentations and publications emphasizing practical applications of the physics of cleaning to production and surface quality.
Expert Witness Experience
- Patent disputes - national and international. Review patents relating to cleaning process. Demonstrated novel aspects of patent to EU international patent office.
- Wording of patent, new cleaning products. Provided language for patent teaching unique attributes of groundbreaking cleaning product.
- Patents for military and aerospace industries and applications. Coordinated with legal counsel to develop clear, rugged, defensible patents.
Undisclosed Company, Vice and Treasurer President, 1999 - Present
- Supplying clients with expert consulting in manufacturing process development, process modification with emphasis on critical cleaning, surface preparation, process design, and failure analysis/resolution.
Northrop Grumman, Navigation Systems Division, Woodland Hills, CA, 1969 - 2005
Senior Member of the Technical Staff
- Designed, developed and transitioned to production precision instruments, particularly inertial navigation instruments. In-house expert on gyroscope design.
- Application of physics and engineering to diverse inertial instrument design.
- Disciplines include laser physics, fiber optics, acoustics, and magnetic resonance.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise developmental testing.
- Train production engineers and technicians.
- Transition the design from the engineering lab to the factory.
- Coordinate instrument qualification program for major product line.
- Principal Investigator, several development programs.
- Trusted advisor to senior management.
- Chief Editor, final reports, multiple major programs.
- Key presentations to military and government program managers.
Honors & Publications
- German, written, limited spoken
- French, written, limited spoken
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Institute for Interconnecting and Packaging Electronic Circuits - IPC
- Surface Mount Technology Association - SMTA
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers - ASTM
- National Association for Surfacing Finishing - NASF
- JS3 (Joint Services Solvent Substitution Working Group)
- Member of the Continuing Education and Outreach Faculty at the UCLA/UC Irvine
- Multiple awards for "Company Private" inventions
- Ph.D. Physics, Rutgers University, Camden, NJ
- M.S. Physics, Rutgers University, Camden, NJ
- B.S. Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA