Process and project engineering, project management and intensive examination of structural, mechanical and electrical aspect of process systems and the organizational system of plant design,building, operation and maintenance.
- Mechanical design of large size equipment made of plastic materials such as FGRP.
- Chlor-alkali industry and organic chlorinations.
- Bromine industry and organic brominations.
- Hydrometallurgy plants especially molybdenum.
- Knowledgeable of rhenium/osmium recovery.
- Automatic continuous ion exchange systems.
- Smelting of quartz into silicon metal.
- Utilities for chemical industry, steam, water, cooling water, pure water, gas, fuel compressed air etc.
- Construction and commissioning of chemical and process plants.
- Process and plant for production of Silicon metal.
- Hydro-metallurgy plants and DC smelting FeMo furnace.
- Detailed design of large plastic equipment for the chemical and process industries.
- Process and project activity in new and expansion of chlorine caustic electrolytic plants.
- Development of adaptation of equipment and machines for highly corrosive and complicated systems.
- Procurement and contracts in the process industry.
- Arbitration of disputes - insurance and financial aspects.
- Consultancy for marketing and product development.
Independent Consultant,1985 - Present
- Preparation of a detailed engineering proposal for the EU 7th development program, an innovative water saving irrigation system. This involved leading professors and several more academic staff.
- Project Manager and Process Engineer for silicon metal plant to be built by an international trading company in east Asia.
- Designer of pure water systems for a large coal fired electro power station. Water systems for electro-solar power stations.
Metal-Tech Ltd., Israel, Project Engineer and Manager, 2000 - 2009
Process and Commissioning Engineer
- Projects: A pure Moly-Tri-Oxide plant in Almalik and Chirchik, Uzbekistan and Technical Moly-Tri-Oxide plant in Erdenet, Mongolia.
- Integration of know-how from research department into an approved process, management of all project activities: Design, procurement, budget control, scheduling, construction - commissioning, and acting maintenance engineer during first years of operation.
- Development of rhenium process and molybdenum recovery from spent oil-refinery catalyst.
Dead Sea Works Ltd.,1998 - 2000
- In parallel to activities of the design and supply facility for anaerobic digestion plant at Carmiel Sewage Treatment Plant (municipal).
Process Engineer, 1994 - 2001
- Responsible for process development and techno economic studies for 3 novel process future facilities (Dead Sea Works Ltd., Dead Sea Bromine Ltd., and ESC Ramat hovav Ltd.)
- Revamp of DSM Chlorine process. Successful development of method for separation of bromine impurities from chlorine.
- Project Engineer for Chlorine liquefaction and Hydrogen high pressure sub systems in a Chlorine plant. Consultant for Chlorine technology. Consultant for Industrial Wastes Incinerator plant.
Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd., Project Engineer, 1993 - 1994
- Conceptual design and contract negotiations with foreign know-how suppliers about complicated innovative technologies of compound fertilizers and disinfectants.
Dead Sea Bromine Ltd., Beer Sheva, 1986 - 1993
Project Engineer, 1992 - 1993
- Headed the expansion of Chlorine plant that was first commissioned 16 electrolyzers, 110KA, 6 MVA.
Project/Process Engineer and Commissioning Manager, 1986 - 1989
- Leading role as for Chlorine plant (30 million dollar (1986) investment), using membrane cell technology, (24 electrolyzers 110KA , 16 MVA including a super pure Ion Exchange system).
Project Engineer-Projects, 1984 - 1986
- In charge of complicated projects, introducing new products and technologies in Ramat Hovav synthesis plant.
Bromine Compounds Ltd., Beer Sheva, Israel, 1989 - 1991
- Leading role in the development of an original process for the production of high purity monomers involving high pressure and temperature (autoclave) reaction systems.
Sentrachem Pty Ltd., South-Africa. Project Manager, 1981 - 1983
- Successfully completed and commissioned project in complicated chemical chlorination processing at KOP, Chloorkop.
Brosh Engineering Co., Owner and Manager, 1974 - 1981
- Design and building of chemical projects for the plastic, phosphate, potash, chlorine, bromine and pesticides industries. Special expertise in design of large FGRP equipment.
Israel Chemicals Ltd., 1971 - 1974
- Studies of feasibility, location and process of 100 MTD Chlorine plant.
Makhteshim Chemical Works, Beer Sheva, Israel, Project Engineer, 1969 - 1971
- Headed a chlorine plant expansion, mercury cells.
Honors & Publications
- Israeli Engineers-License
- Advanced courses in Chemical Engineering at Ben-Gurion University, Beer-Sheva, Israel.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Israel Institute of Chemical Engineering
- South African Registered Professional Engineer
- B.Sc. Chemical Engineer, Cum Laude, Technon Israel Institute of Technology, Technion City, Haifa