- Innovative, results orientated and profit focused, with an exceptional record of accomplishment of achievement in the manufacturing sector.
- Former Operations Director (in a manufacturing company of 350 staff) and highly successful General Manager of a manufacturing plant with over 600 employees (in a highly unionized environment).
- Coach plant managers to optimize performance for their manufacturing operations.
- Described by European client as "one of the best in the world" in the successful management of complex operations and manufacturing projects.
- The design and building of manufacturing plants.
- The relocation of manufacturing plants.
- The design of specialized machinery to help clients achieve their production goals.
- The design and implementation of operations control systems and management information systems.
- "Turnarounds" of manufacturing plants.
- Chemical manufacturing (catalytic converters)
- Bottling plants
- Logistics and distribution
- Supply chain planning
- Food manufacturing
- IT hardware and software solutions
- Fashion garments and general clothing
- Catalytic converters
- Glass industry
- Utilities and public services
- Ambulance services
- Fiber cement and molded products
- Armored and military defense vehicles
- Automotive industry
Undisclosed Company, Executive Manufacturing Consultant, 1994 - Present
- Company Industry: Manufacturing Interim/Consultancy.
- Industrial consulting services is a highly specialized consultancy providing both interim Directors/Managers and consultants to the manufacturing industry.
- Outstanding achievements in the manufacturing industry specializing in five main areas of operations and manufacturing, these are:
Design and building of manufacturing plants
- Design new building process flow designs, machine layout designs and on occasion bespoke machinery designs.
- This includes manning levels, skills requirements, skill retention and skills transfer, management information systems, performance monitoring, plant commissioning to meet the clients' requirements in both product quality and production capacity.
Relocation of manufacturing plants
- Domestic and international plant relocation and the consolidation of plants under one roof.
- Providing the specialized manufacturing ability to relocate plants whilst maintaining production, thus keeping the company profitable throughout the relocation.
Design of specialized machinery
- Helping clients achieve their production goals, both in quality and quantity.
Design and implementation of operations control systems
- Working with the entire supply chain, purchasing, logistics and management information systems for World Class manufacturing operations.
- Manufacturing operations performing requirements that include "Turnarounds" of manufacturing plants running at a loss.
- Recognized by a number of international companies (USA, Europe, South Africa and UK), as one of the world's best in the successful management of complex projects.
- For a major manufacturer of catalytic converters in Europe, provided client with a world first for their unique manufacturing requirements and by re-engineering production process, which resulted in a patent application and a 770% increase in manufacturing levels.
- For a JV in the automotive industry provided 300% improvement and for a packaging plant in Denmark, provided 500% improvement in manufacturing.
Honors & Publications
- Industrial Engineering, Croydon College of Design and Technology, Croydon, London
- Wits Business School - Business Management
- Interpersonal Managing Skills
- Production Planning and Sales Forecasting
- Effective Presentations
- Financial Management
- Advanced Work Measurement
- Certified iCEO™ Top International Executive
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the British Institute of Management Services
- Professional Member of the American Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
- Institute of Management Services (AMS)
- Author of two books.
- B.S. Production Processes and Work Measurement, University of Natal, Natal, South Africa