- Commercialize innovative processing technology for composite wind and water turbine blades.
- Develop and further composites use worldwide.
- Developing commercial submerged ocean current turbines.
- Invented, designed and developed fiberglass reinforcing bars for Polymer and Portland cement based concretes.
- Invented, designed and developed fiberglass bars used in toxic waste sites.
- Developed precast Polymer and Portland cement based concrete structures used in waste water and industrial facilities.
- Polymer concrete structures for bank vaults and other financial security applications.
Undisclosed Company, Consultant, Present
- Dakota Turbines: Set up manufacturing facilities for seamless wind turbine blades.
- Kineco Group: Consulting on pultrusion technology, assisting in development of new, pultruded radomes.
Undisclosed Company, Founder and Partner, 2006 - 2012
- Founder and Partner of a custom yacht company developing new processing techniques for wind and water turbine blades.
- Developing North American markets for seamless blades.
- Developing commercial submerged ocean current turbines with multiple partners from research centers, component suppliers to utilities.
FDMC, Inc., Founder, President/Owner, 1997 - 2009
- FDMC was partnered with Zhongshan Sunway Building Materials Co., Ltd. Grew company from no revenue to more than $10,000,000 in sales.
- Developed FRP commercial door line.
- Developed FRP commercial door line and Building Panel system.
- Established U.S.A., U.K. and Canada markets for residential fiberglass doors.
- Partnered with U.S.A. government on several research projects in structural composite materials.
- Established joint venture manufacturing in Gebze, Turkey and Chennai, India.
Corrosion Proof Composites, Inc., FDMC, Inc. Founder, President and Co-Owner, 1984 - 1999
- Grew the company from no revenue in sales to more than $15,000,000.
- Invented and developed fiberglass reinforcing bars as concrete reinforcements.
- Developed new and unique composite processing techniques for rebar, doors and other products.
- Developed new composite repair system for coastal high rise balconies.
- Developed a new commercial fiberglass door for U.S. and U.K. markets.
- Established wholly owned manufacturing plants in Seward, Nebraska and Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico.
- Established co-owned commercial door factory in Zhongshan, Guangdong, PRC.
Undisclosed Company; Founder, President/Owner, 1974 - 1984
- Started diversified coal mining and processing company with more than 100,000 acres of mineral rights and mines in Kentucky, Michigan and Tennessee.
- Grew the company from $0 sales to more than $20,000,000 in 6.5 years.
- Invented unique cutting tool used in underground mining to drill/cut the coal face.
- Established new recovery methods for thin seam mining.
CAC Pipe Co.,1966 - 1974
- Produced precast storm and waste water pipe, manholes and other precast structures.
- Continuing work with U.S.A. Corps of Engineers and numerous universities to develop composite connections for New Orleans flood wall re-design.
- Designed, built and supplied the only fiberglass guardrail manufactured in the USA for a joint FHWA and U.S.A. Corps of Engineers.
- Designed, built and supplied 1.75" solid round, pultruded fiberglass pavement dowels for a joint FHWA, Iowa ~Department of Transportation research project at Iowa State University. This was the first time fiberglass pavement dowels were used in the U.S.A.
- Designed and developed fiberglass bars used as roof supports in underground mines.
- Designed and developed fiberglass "geo-grid stakes" used in toxic waste sites.
Honors & Publications
- Co-Authored ACI (American Concrete Institute) Committee 440; State of the Art Report on FRP reinforcing for concrete.
- Co-Authored ACI Committee 440 Design Procedures for concrete reinforced with FRP.
- B.Sc. Civil Engineering Degree, University of London, London, United Kingdom