- Technical professional with solid experience in all phases of analog/digital circuit design.
- Areas of experience include general instrumentation:
- Consumer electronics design
- Additional areas of involvement include various agency approval and certifications (Processes such as: UL, CSA, FM Certification and European CE compliance).
- Hardware: Low/High speed analog, embedded processor systems and instrumentation.
- Fluent with 8,16 and 32 bit micro controllers, CPLD / FPGA development and SMPS and HV circuit design.
- Software: Embedded firmware in C and Verilog.
- EDA Tools: Spice, Orcad, and Pads PCB.
Undisclosed Company, Principal/Product Development Design Consultant, 1998 - Present
- Self-owned business, started in 1995 on a part-time basis.
- Currently working full-time providing product development services for various clients.
- Boston Scientific, EPT Division, San Jose, CA
- Boston Scientific, Marlborough, MA
- Cambex Corporation, Waltham, MA
- Delta F Corporation, Woburn, MA
- Detcon Corporation, Woodlands, TX
- DogWatch Corp. Natick, MA
- DTC Communications, Inc. Nashua, NH
- Haemonetics Corporation, Braintree, MA
- Instrumentation Laboratories, Lexington, MA
- Listen Inc, Boston, MA
- Medica Corporation Bedford, MA
- Medical Scientific, Inc. Taunton, MA
- Mettler Toledo Analytical, Burlington, MA
- Micrologic, Inc. Westborough, MA
- Sage Science Inc. Beverly, MA
- Security Source, Inc. Peabody, MA
- Sensicore Corp. Ann Arbor, MI
- StatSpin Corp. Norwood, MA
Delta F Corporation, Woburn, MA, Senior Design Engineer, 1990 - 1998
- Electrical design of sensitive (PPB/PPT) oxygen gas measurement instruments.
- Design of two major successful micro based products and assisted in the design of a laser spectroscopy moisture detector design.
Aviation Simulation Technologies, Bedford, MA, Engineering Manager, 1989 - 1990
- Management of electrical and software engineering.
- Design of systems and electronics for all new products.
Spectrovision Corporation, Chelmsford, MA, Senior Design Engineer, 1988 - 1989
- Electrical design of optical absorbance detectors, capillary zone electrophoresis (CZE) and a variety of other analytical instrumentation.
- Design of both analog and digital circuitry, specific to optical signal processing.
Instrumentation Laboratories, Inc. (Ingold Division) Wilmington, MA, Design Engineer, 1983 - 1988
- Electrical design for a line of oxygen and pH instrumentation.
- Electrical circuit design / development of micro-power, low level, low noise, high impedance amplifiers, A/D converters, power supply and display circuits.
- Project management from conceptual stage to final manufacturing process.
Pioneer Medical, Div. of Kel Corporation, Melrose, MA, Senior Project Engineer, 1975 - 1983
- Electrical design and development of cardiac telemetry systems, hospital monitoring consoles, and cardiac telephone telemetry and radio telephone-switching systems.
- Design/development of real time data acquisition, high speed data multiplexing, complex switching logic, analog processing, RF interface circuits and microprocessor systems along with their respective operating firmware.
Honors & Publications
- Certified Design Partner for Microchip Corp, NE region.
- FM Certification and European CE compliance.
- Certified: UL, CSA, FM Certification and European CE compliance.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Instrument Society of America (ISA)
Publications & Patents
- One U.S. Patent
- B.S.E.E.T. University of Massachusetts Lowell, MA
- A.S.E.E. Queensborough Community College, Bayside, N.Y