- Mathematical and statistical programming.
- Computational fluid dynamics.
- Parallel programming.
- Multi-objective optimization.
- Finite Element Analysis.
- Neural networks.
- Nonlinear regression.
- Benchmarking super computer applications and systems.
- Applied mathematics, such as agricultural distribution systems.
- Meshless approximation methods.
- Nonlinear optimization.
- Bilingual, fluent Spanish and English.
- Fortran 77/90/95
- C, Java
- Visual Studio 2005 and 2008
- Advanced Revelation
Undisclosed Company, Technical Support Engineer, 2007 - 2009
- Provided bilingual technical support for a embedded mathematical and statistical software company.
- Researched, rewrote, and parallelized algorithms (nonlinear regression, clustering, and others) for the Version 7.0 release of the IMSL C Numerical Library using OpenMP.
- Optimized floating point performance using BLAS and Intel Math Kernel Library (Intel MKL).
- Researched, created and delivered original technical presentations in English and Spanish in U.S. and Latin America.
CSC, Inc, Vicksburg, MS, Computational Scientist, 2004 - 2007
- Benchmarked supercomputer applications in support of Department of Defense procurement efforts; provided critical proposal evaluation assistance to Benchmark Team; conducted mathematical research.
- Successfully benchmarked more than thirty DoD supercomputers (Sun, Cray, IBM, HP) across the country in support of DoD HPC Modernization Office (DoD HPCMOD).
- Mastered the installation and structure of large parallel (MPI/OpenMP) supercomputer applications (WRF, HYCOM) written in C and Fortran.
- Wrote specialized scoring scripts in Perl and Gnuplot in support of proposal evaluation and ultimate vendor selection.
- Conducted computational fluid dynamics research and published a paper on meshless methods for solving Partial Differential Equations.
Athena Technology Consultants, Inc, Houston, TX, Vice President, 2000 - 2004
- Procured Government Contracts and Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) grants.
- Obtained GSA schedule number for company: researched suppliers' inventory, compiled item lists, obtained letters of commitment; completed 200 page federal solicitation.
- Researched, wrote/co-wrote and completed submission of three SBIR grant proposals: 1. Development of 3-D unsteady meshless method based on dissertation work; 2 Development of new rocket fuel/oxidizer mixture (diethyl ether and hydrogen peroxide) and 3) Proposal to apply manufacturing cost-accounting principles to agricultural production through combined software/hardware system.
Total Answer Business Systems, Inc, Miami, FL, Vice President, 1986 - 2000
- Assisted in development, sale, and installation of proprietary multi-user vertical market database applications for produce brokerages and packing houses.
- Installed Local Area Networks.
- Researched automatic generation and transmittal of business documents, e.g. sales orders, as part of business operations.
- Formulated schemae for custom application customers.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- High Performance and Super Computing
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Fortran Programmers
- Python Community
- Bilingual, English and Spanish
- Authored and co authored several publications in English and Spanish.
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering - Rice University, Houston, TX
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering - Rice University, Houston, TX
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering - Rice University, Houston, TX