- SQL data base programming, management and queries.
- Experienced project manager and senior software engineer with leadership roles in engineering project management, design and implementation of software products.
- Leadership of engineering resource teams from multiple engineering labs in the U.S. and India.
- Function testing and QA of business and data base software systems.
- Languages: SQL (Structured Query Language); NET Programming; HTML; C+ +.
- Databases: Microsoft SQL/Analysis Services; Microsoft Access.
- Tools: SQL Enterprise Manager; Microsoft Tools (including Project and Sharepoint); Windchill Project Link.
Independent Consultant, 2008
UNISYS Corporation, Malvern, PA,1980 - 2008
Engineering Project Manager
- Leadership of software engineering program that recovered multi million of dollars annually to the company's bottom line and contributed to annual sales of over $50 million.
- Provided engineering coordination and oversight to over 300 engineers chartered to work at customer sites and on short term development and testing projects.
- Partnered with functional Unisys teams on over 500 short term projects to resolve technical, database, financial, and security issues in health care companies, financial institutions, airlines, federal agencies, state governments, law enforcement agencies and consumer businesses, including international corporations.
- Created customized data base reports using SQL queries.
- Designed, created and maintained a SQL database for all engineering project information.
- Received numerous achievement awards for both technical and mentoring projects.
Senior Software Engineer, 1996 - 2004
- Designed, created and maintained a terabyte-sized SQL database for testing and demo purposes.
- Developed course material and was lead trainer for Unisys consultants on ES7000 Business Intelligence 32-bit and 64-bit solutions and technology including Data Warehousing and SQL.
- Collaborated with Microsoft to test Microsoft Analysis Services to determine performance on the ES7000 Windows operating system.
- Researched and wrote white papers and articles (published on Microsoft web site): Microsoft SQL Server (64-bit) Analysis Services Performance on the Unisys ES7000; Developing, Deploying and Scaling E-Commerce Solutions Using Microsoft Commerce Server on Unisys ES7000 (uses SQL Server).
- Designed, coded and tested several user scenarios against a large SQL data warehouse and OLAP cubes and gathered results.
- Led training sessions for Unisys consultants on Unisys Server Sentinel (system management software) project.
Software Engineer, 1984 - 1995
- Programmer and part of team responsible for design and development of file transfer product on UNIX.
- Designed and coded C programs to implement file transfers across systems.
- Lead programmer at customer site visits.
- Conducted and participated in design and code reviews.
- Used an internal tool to document test cases, write bugs and track bug fixes.
- Implemented the software development process established to meet ISO 9000 requirements.
School District of Philadelphia, 1979
- Updated COBOL payment system programs.
Honors & Publications
Internal Unisys training:
- Technical - Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft Windows Internals
- Data Warehousing, Oracle
- NET Programming
- C+ +, LINUX, UNIX
- Managerial - Project Management Courses
- Team Building, Quality - ISO 9000 and Six Sigma
- B.A. Computer Science and Mathematics, La Salle University, Philadelphia, PA
- Post Graduate - Software Engineering at University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA