- Microbiology and biopesticides.
- Biological pesticide formulation and development.
- Spray dried powder formulations.
- Microbial fermentation process optimization and bio engineering.
- Bacillus manufacturing.
- Microbial challenge assays and classical microbiology techniques.
- Plant pathology assay development.
- Potassium phosphite fungicide and fertilizers.
- Development and commercialization of microbial biopesticides.
- Industrial microbiologist/fermentation for development, scale-up, formulation and manufacture of numerous Bacillus species: Actinomycetes, pseudomonas and fungal strains.
Independent Consultant, Present
Undisclosed Firm, 2000 - 2008
Global Project Manager, Fungicide Commercialization, 2008
- Led cross functional fungicide commercialization team to develop, register and launch new fungicide products from the development pipeline.
- Served as research and development technical lead on all fungicide development projects.
- Performed marketing research to prioritize fungicide market opportunities.
Product Support and Technical Improvement Supervisor, 2004 - 2008
- Directly supervised a six member multidisciplinary team composed of microbiologists, fermentation engineers, analytical chemists, formulation chemists, and plant pathologists.
- Technical support for all manufacturing facilities.
- Evaluation and recommendation of new process equipment and raw materials.
- Coordinator of non-standard manufacturing projects: Transfer production of products to contract manufacturing organizations (CMO) and established product specifications and archived quality results.
New Product Formulation Developments
- Fermentation and formulation development and scale up from lab to manufacturing scale.
- Aqueous combination product of a microbial and proprietary adjuvant for the banana market in Costa Rica.
- Wettable powder (WP) combination product for microbial biofungicide and biochemical fungicide.
- Dry flowable microbial dust formulation for vineyard applications.
- Concentrated wettable powder version of microbial biofungicide developed.
- WP combination product of microbial biofungicide and biochemical.
- New WP formulation of microbial biofungicide.
- New aqueous suspension formulations for different microbial biofungicides.
Other Positions Held:
- Interim Department Head: Plant Pathology
- Department Head: Microbiology
- Interim Department Head: Fermentation
- Biofumigant Team Leader
- Associate Researcher: Fermentation - Process Development
- Assistant researcher: Microbiology
Honors & Publications
Professional Affiliations, Credentials and Patents
- American Society for Microbiology
- Society for Industrial Microbiology
- Level One certification from Crestcom: Bullet Proof Manager Program
- Project Management Certificate Program: University of California Davis Extension
- Compositions related to a novel endophytic fungi and methods of use.
- B.S., Microbiology, University of California, Davis, CA