- Fiber, fiber coating, matrix material composite materials science and material science development.
- Fiber surface chemical modification and characterization.
- Epoxy, vinyl ester and urethane-based composite matrix materials.
- Electrospinning of conductive / semi conductive nanofibers for composite materials.
- Polymer chemistry and characterization of polyolefins and poly-B-lactams / polyamides materials.
- Thermal analysis: Differential scanning calorimetry, TGA, DMA, TMA.
- Experience in atomic force microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, single crystal X-ray and wide-angle X-ray powder diffraction techniques.
- Organometallic chemistry and catalysis of early and late transition metals.
- Modern spectroscopy techniques: Multinuclei NMR (Bruker 300-500, Varian-500, JEOL EX-90), IR (Perkin-Elmer FT spectrometer); UV-Vis.
- Synthesis, structural and reactivity studies of organometallic complexes containing sulfur and nitrogen heterocyclic ligands.
- Organometallic carborane chemistry.
- Organic syntheses, including synthesis of chiral molecules and heterocycles.
- Composite materials and systems for vehicle and body armor.
- E-glass, "Kevlar" and "Spectra" fiber sizing for composite manufacturing and property optimization.
- Organic polymers, including polyefins, PMAA based polymers and polyamides.
- Synthesis of Poly (B-peptides) for medicinal chemistry.
- Ziegler-Natta olefin polymerization catalysis.
- Mechanistic studies of organometallic catalysis for olefin and B-lactams polymerization, transamidation and amide metathesis.
Undisclosed University, Research Scientist, 2007 - Present
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Nanoscale Science and Engineering Center, Affiliated Research Scientist 2006 - 2008
University of Wisconsin-Madison, University of Maryland and Baylor University
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Departments of Chemistry
Honors & Publications
- George Soros student fellowship.
- Presidential fellowship.
- Award from "Empire Who's Who" for professional activity.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the American Chemical Society
- Funded laboratory programs from Army Research laboratory (ARL) and Office of Naval Research (ONR).
Publications and patents
- Over 50 publications.
- Ph.D., Inorganic Chemistry, University of Salford, Manchester, United Kingdom
- M.S., Inorganic Chemistry, Moscow State University, Russia