- Over 20 years of consulting experience for more than 75 companies on over 275 projects.
- Distribution facilities industry expert in the design, implementation and operation of industrial distribution facilities.
- Expert in areas of: Strategic Master Planning, Lean Manufacturing, Distribution System Design and Implementation, Proof of Concept Verification with Simulation, Process Re-Engineering and Project Management and Implementation Coordinator.
- Managed projects in print and mail industries, including a wide variety of projects for manufacturing with project investments up to $80 million.
- Expertise as a master business planning, operations analysis and detailed facilities layout.
- Experienced in material and product process flow, equipment planning, material handling equipment such as conveyor systems, palletizing and pallet wrapping equipment, materials and systems.
- Project management for plant design, distribution design, material handling system design, printing and labeling and project management with turn key implementation.
- Expert witness on manufacturing facilities and material handling systems.
Independent Consultant, 1998 to Present
- Industrial and operations engineering consulting practice specializing in manufacturing, distribution, print and mail sectors.
- Focus on Lean Manufacturing, distribution system design and implementation strategies.
- Proof of concept verification with operations simulation.
- Project Management, re-engineering and implementation consulting.
Engineering Consulting Firm, President, 1988 -1998
- Served as project manager for programs involving master and detail planning, distribution systems, material handling design, and implementation of automobile products manufacturer.
- Served as manufacturing systems manager for a manufacturer of automotive products.
- Responsible for implementing computer scheduling systems, material management programs, inventory control and product tracking systems.
Honors & Publications
- President of Regional Chapter of MHMS, (Material Handling & Management Society).
- Played a key role in the resurgence of a material handling trade shows.
- Member, Association of Professional Material Handling Consultants (APMHC) .
- Member, Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE).
- Member, Warehouse Engineering Resource Council (WERC).
- M.S., Bentley College, Waltham, MA
- B.S., Industrial Engineering, University of Rhode Island