- Chemical process engineering for polymer intermediates and polymer manufacturing.
- Manufacture of methylene diisocyanate and polyurethane resins.
- Isocyanate and diisocyanate technology manufacture and purification.
- OSHA and EPA regulatory compliance for chemical manufacturing.
- Environmental, safety, risk assessment and compliance, including experience with phosgene.
- Competitive technical and business intelligence.
Undisclosed University, 2000 - Present
- Educator for graduate level chemical engineering and technology courses, including advanced kinetics and reaction engineering.
- Educator for Occupational and Environmental Safety Engineering, as well as environmental pollution and prevention.
Bayer Corporation, Chemicals and Polymer Divisions, 1979 - 2000
- In a 21 year career, held the following positions: Sr. Business Analyst, Manufacturing Consultant, Production Superintendent, Production Supervisor and Process Engineer.
- Trained technicians, supervisors and managers on OSHA and EPA regulatory compliance, and engineering aspects, related to safety and environmental protection of land, air and water.
- Process improvement in the polymer division, responsibilities included: Trouble shooting, design, plant modernization, plant expansion, quality improvement and cost reduction projects.
- Production Supervisor of polymer and chemicals production units. Responsible for safe operation of the units, as well as meeting quality and production quantity demands.
- Led teams of process engineers, production foremen, project engineers, health and environmental safety representatives.
- Manufacturing consultant for polymer and chemicals division.
- Leader of waste water project, process safety management, utilities cross connections and environmental risk planning.
- Team member in phosgene blue book task force, formaldehyde supply strategy team and polyurethane logistics study team.
Honors & Publications
EPA and OSHA Regulation
- As member of Chemicals Manufacturing Association and Society of Organic Chemicals Manufacturing Association, worked extensively in negotiations with EPA and OSHA during the preamble and rule making stage of regulations.
- Knowledge of regulations pertaining to environmental risk assessment, planning, compliance, and audit enforcement (EPA), including process safety management (OSHA).
- Awarded two patents. One related to the process for the manufacture of methylene diisocyanate with improved physical and chemical characteristics.
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, West Virginia University, WV
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India