- Petroleum and petroleum by-product marketing.
- Petroleum wax and wax emulsion technology marketing.
- Petroleum products for tires, rubber, industrial asphalt and candles.
- Process oils, aromatic extracts and lubricant base oils.
- Petroleum waxes, wax blends and wax emulsions.
- Wax applications for paper and paperboard packaging, construction board, oriented strand board, medium density fiberboard, particleboard, fiberboard and gypsum board.
- Corrugated container treatments and corrugated container recycling.
Independent Petroleum Consultant, 2004 - Present
Carmagen Engineering, Inc., Marketing Consultant, 2002 - 2004
- Assist major petroleum industry client with product quality and marketing issues.
Mobil Oil Corporation, 1963 - 2000
Global Product Manger - Gypsum Board Emulsions
- Directed the global effort to develop and market wax emulsions for the gypsum board industry.
Business Development Manager
- Managed the development and marketing of non-toxic aromatic process oils for the North American rubber industry. Worked in conjunction with the global project team.
Product Manager for Waxes, Process Oils and Extracts
- Managed the lubricant by-product line for the U.S. Directed the marketing and technical development of wax, process oil, and aromatic extract products.
- Directed conversion of the Southern California wax business for the corrugated packaging industry from a domestic supply source to an imported supply from China. Coordinated facilities, import contracts, product establishment and technical support.
Honors & Publications
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry
- Forest Products Society
- Commander, United States Naval Reserve, Retired
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology
- MBA, University of Chicago