- Pharmaceutical technical operations with diverse international experience.
- Pharmaceutical management, manufacturing, supply chain, major capital projects, new product introduction and business development, with a focus on China.
- Particular expertise in operating at strategic levels in international and multicultural environments.
- Capital project management, site selection and team leadership.
- cGMP, regulatory affairs and compliance experience.
Private Consultant, Business and Operations Director, 2007 - Present
- Leads international consultancy specializing in pharmaceutical, chemical and food industries.
- Developed business plans to set up breeder hatchery operations in Russia and the Czech Republic.
- Consulting services to Wall Street and other market analysts on pharmaceutical, chemical and biosciences markets.
- Technical and project management direction for new sterile API facility in China for export to USA and Europe.
- Support to Kazakhstan food, chemical, machinery and pharmaceutical industries for "export readiness" before joining World Trade Organization (WTO.) Particular emphasis on operational Improvements, business development and identifying new markets.
Fisher Scientific, Director of Operations, Asia Pacific, 2006 - 2007
- Based in Shanghai this position leads the Biosciences operations in Asia Pacific with primary focus on growing and developing chemical, media and serum products.
- Completed site selection for new laboratory chemical packaging facility, optimizing economic, financial and operational requirements for the business.
- Established excellent relationship with provincial and city authorities to ensure total support for the project.
Johnson & Johnson, 2004 - 2005
New Product Introduction Director
- Led the introduction of 14 new prescription pharmaceuticals and over the counter (OTC) products and 8 line extensions in Beijing. The key driver for this position was to ensure timely and within budget launch of all new products.
- Put in place a "Stage Gate" process to standardize the procedure for the introduction of new products. Process incorporated all aspects from clinical trials, registration, pre-marketing, logistics/supply chain, pricing and product launch.
- Leading a team of product managers to optimize the launch of new products into the Chinese market. Key targets are to be early to market, ensuring supply chain integrity and optimal product pricing.
Site General Manager and Plant director
- Led the supply chain group for Janssen pharmaceutical business in China. Responsible for production, logistics, new product introduction and quality and support functions. Responsible for 350 people and a budget of more than $120 million. Developed and implemented strategy resulting in European Regulatory.
- Developed and implemented a plan for new product `introduction for 18 new formulations.
- Grew the Xian site to become the largest volume plant in the Janssen organization, producing in excess of 200 million packs per year.
- Developed the management team to be stand alone with minimum support from Europe and USA.
- Started toll manufacturing to utilize spare capacity with the manufacture of Clean and Clear cosmetic for Johnson & Johnson consumer.
- Developed first class relationship with Chinese minority partner and leveraged on the relationship to achieve first class cooperation with Chinese government and agencies.
- Improved operational efficiencies to achieve substantial cost savings and reduced line change over times by 65%.
- Established an ongoing capital investment review program upgrade and replace older equipment and systems on a timely basis.
Jacobs Engineering, Senior Project Executive, 2001 - 2002
- Responsible for capital project implementation from business plan, facility concept, design, build and start-up with validation and hand over to client.
- Located a manufacturing and logistics partner for a "Virtual Pharma" company.
- Set up a project team and organization for the "fast track" implementation of a new facility to manufacture a revolutionary treatment for varicose veins.
Honors & Publications
- Professional Chartered Engineer
- Fellow of the Institution of Chemical Engineers
B.S., Chemical Engineering, Nottingham University, UK