- Agricultural chemistry, specializing in immunoassay and analytical methods development, including ELISA, Western Blot, Monoclonals.
- Separation chemistry using LC, HPLC, GC, GC/MS.
- Familar with "Electronic nose%" SAW portable GC.
- Experience in antigen and antibody purification.
- Animal hematology such as Ig, Complement, Lysozyme.
- Off-flavors in food using GC/MS, other instruments and trained dogs.
- Mycotoxins detection in grains and forage including ergot, aflatoxin, fumonisin.
- Fatty acid analysis of agricultural products.
- Field testing of agricultural chemicals, pesticides and culturing.
Postions and past work include:
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service(ARS), Research Microbiologist .
- Auburn University Department of Plant Pathology, Director, Fescue Diagnostic Laboratory, Senior Research Fellow, 1983-1998.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Nematology, Department of Plant Pathology, Auburn University, 1981-1982
- Instructor, Southern Union State Junior College, Lanett, AL, 1979-1980
- Corn Breeder, Farmers Forage Research Cooperative, Lake City, SC, 1975-1979
- Instructor, Auburn University, 1974-1975
Honors & Publications
- NDEA Fellow
- 65 refereed publications in Plant Pathology, Agricultural Chemistry, Animal Health, and Veterinary Medicine Journals.
- 3 book chapters
- 7 invited lectures
- Member: American Society for Microbiology
Ph.D., Botany and Microbiology, Auburn University
B.S., Biology, University of Mississippi