- Expert and consultant on arboriculture, trees, tree injuries, tree failures, worker safety, tree accident, tree relocation and other technical matters related to trees.
- Tree and plant appraisal, plant material acquisition, plant health, plant pests and plant disease diagnostics.
- Forestry, timber trespass, tree theft and forest range management.
- Consultant on plant Insects, entomology, plant pests, pest control, plant diseases and plant-soil interactions.
- Landscape construction and integration with trees and plants.
- Registered Consulting Arborist, American Society of Consulting Arborists.
- Certified Arborist, International Society of Arboriculture.
- Certified Tree Expert, NJ Board of Tree Experts.
- Approved Consulting Forester, NJ Parks & Forestry.
- Perform full-spectrum of arboricultural consulting duties ranging from diagnosis of amenityplant problems and species attributes, to complicated tree preservation and landscape contract supervision in construction settings.
- Facilitate plant acquisition and large-tree relocation projects throughout the Eastern US.
- Facilitate management of privately owned woodlands by creating and guiding implementation of Forest Management and Stewardship Plans. Assess forest stand attributes, growth and yield, forest health and wildlife attributes; devise silvicultural and wildlife management prescriptions.
- Assist owners with Farmland Taxation needs.
- Serve as a consulting expert and expert witness in the areas of forestry, arboriculture, landscape diagnostics and forensics, and landscape-plant appraisals.
- Perform wetlands construction, restoration and mitigation consulting.
Quaker Hill Native Plant Garden, Pawling, NY Head Natural Resource Manager & Managing Arborist
- Served as head forester, arborist and diagnostician for a 1200 acre estate and arboretum.
- Administered tree and nursery stock procurement program with120 acres of nurseries. Supervise arboriculture programs using employees and contractors.
- Coordinated multi-year procurement and planting budgets in excess of $5 million. ~Coordinated plant accessions program for AABGA accreditation.
- Initiated and managed mature-tree procurement programs; initiated close relationships with forestry entities in the northeast US. Relocated live trees over 60â€™ tall.
Consulting Arborist, SavATree
- Served in multiple roles ranging from sales and operations management in two branch offices to complex technical consulting for private estates in southeastern New York.
- Trained field personnel in arboriculture, entomology and plant pathology.
Superintendent of Landscaping Facilities Management, The College of Santa Fe
- Head of Landscape Management for 150 acre private college.
- Faculty / Graduate Research Assistant â€“ Forest Entomology, Dept. of Entomology, Oregon State University
- Undertook field and lab studies of the effects on non-target forest species of the pesticide B.t. in the Siskiyou, Klamath, Cascade and Coast Range mountains of Oregon.
Forestry Technician, Ste. Helens Ranger Dist., Gifford Pinchot National Forest, Amboy, WA
- Performed numerous silvicultural duties including plant-community delineation, timber-stand improvement marking, regeneration surveys, and tree-improvement orchard management.
Laboratory & Field Technician â€“Forest Pathology, Dept. of Plant Pathology, Rutgers University
- Participated in dual-track research into the biology of American chestnut blight and chestnut tree resistance to the disease.
Honors & Publications
- Field observations of Harmonia axyridis Pallas (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae) in western Oregon
- Temperature-dependent development in a color-polymorphic ladybeetle, Calvia quatuordecimguttata (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae).
- M.S., Entomology, Oregon State University
- B.S., Natural Resource Management and Applied Ecology, Rutgers University