- Polycarbonate product developments for specific application needs.
- Troubleshooting on polycarbonate production problems.
- Knowledge of the plastics additive suppliers and polycarbonate raw material suppliers.
- Polycarbonate manufacturing from pilot scale to plant scale.
- Recovery of catalysts for better economics and to comply with EPA regulations.
- Developed polycarbonate blends, PC/ABS, PC/polyester, to suit market needs.
- Led global team to harmonize the additives for the polycarbonate product line.
- Polypropylene products, formulations and thermal-processing.
- Fluent in German.
Manager, Mineral Filled Polypropylene, Asahi - Thermofil, Inc.
- Provided technical direction for the maintenance of current polypropylene products to meet customer specifications.
- Developed blow molding grades of polypropylene for swimming pool filter housings
Bayer Corporation/Miles Inc./Mobay Corp., Research Fellow,
- Generated multi million doller in sales from new product developments.
- Troubleshooting and interal consultant on polycarbonate production problems.
- Developed viable new polycarbonate technology for glazing, DVD and optical lens.
- Conceived and implemented innovative and speculative R & D strategies.
- Assessed attractiveness of technology for purchase.
Manager, Makrolon Technology and Product Development, Mobay Corporation
- Steered business and set strategies as a member of business team.
- Realized $130 million sales through new product developments.
- Coordinated Makrolon programs with Marketing and Product Management.
- Developed stabilized polycarbonate for vented molding.
- Introduced a new impact modified polycarbonate for automotive instrument panels.
- Generated a new business for flame retardant polycarbonate in aircraft market.
- Evaluated patents on aromatic polyester technology.
Research Specialist, Mobay Corporation
- Developed viable plastic technology for ophthalmic market.
- Developed transparent impact modified polycarbonate.
- Developed gasoline resistant polycarbonate.
Senior Research Chemist, Exploratory Research, Koppers
- Developed styrene-maleic anhydride copolymers (Dylark).
- Developed chemically resistant polyesters (Alkyd types).
- Worked on novel high temperature polyimides.
Honors & Publications
- 85 US Patents issued
- 20 Inventions being processed in the US Patent Office
- 15 Publications in US Journals
- Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, Carnegie Mellon University
- M.S., Organic Chemistry, University of Minnesota
- M.S., Dyestuff Chemistry, Bombay University, India