- Waste combustion, incineration, air pollution, hazardous waste disposal
- Registered Professional Engineer: Delaware, Texas, Pennsylvania
Independent Consultant: Specializing in combustion and waste management processes. Key projects:
- Debottlenecking (mechanically, then via permit modification) liquids incinerator, effectively doubling capacity
- Initiated diversion of clean hazardous waste liquids to boiler house, to increase net site incineration capacity and reduce usage of fossil fuels; currently pursuing BIF permit
- Tune up and capacity improvement, fume incinerator; accommodating 50% increase in throughput while increasing on stream time 10% and reducing costs $50K per year
- Trial Burn planning and coordination, rotary kiln and liquid incinerators; two commercial incinerators and two â€œcaptiveâ€ units
- Technology Assessments; plasma; municipal waste incineration options
- Burner modifications at large crude oil heater for various industrial clients
Rollins Environmental Services, Wilmington, DE, Senior Process Engineer
- Internal consultant to operating facilities on all aspects of incinerator operation. ~Involved in general 'technology outreach' for company, assessing opportunities and new technologies.
- Performed wide variety of emissions and capability testing, including phosphorus, fluorine, metals and particulate matter.
- Wrote and/or managed three major Trial Burn and/or Air Testing programs.
General Chemical Corporation, Claremont, DE, Manager, Maintenance and Engineering
- Managed project design and construction, along with maintenance function, in a plant manufacturing sulfuric acid and a wide variety of sulfur-based products.
- Developed strategic capital plan to increase capacity and reliability of sulfuric acid plant.
- Managed maintenance program to drastically reduce failures in furnace refractory and waste heat boiler unit operations.
Rhone-Poulenc Basic (fomerly Stauffer) Chemical Corp., Houston, TX, Technical Manager
- Managed $10 million annual capital budget and laboratory services, with particular concentration on personnel development.
- Constructed hazardous waste 'co-incineration' facilities in Sulfuric Acid regeneration plant.
- Erected new water treatment plant, replacement waste heat boiler, and hazardous waste tank farm.
- Demolished two abandoned acid plants. Developed emission abatement plans for two sulfuric acid units.
Stauffer Chemical Company, Henderson, NV and Delaware City, DE, Engineering
- Managed engineering, energy, and environmental operations at each plant for various terms. Plants produced chlorine/caustic and carbon disulfide with a Claus H2S recovery unit.
- Generated and submitted RCRA Part B applications for each. Shepherded Delaware application through to approval for TSD at site.
Honors & Publications
- Eight publications predominately concerning incineration.
- BS (cum laude), Chemical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY