- Vinyl compound design of erasers and plastic lead for pencil, including designing and installing extruder line for eraser toppers and plug erasers.
- Product development for deck coating, cement resurfacing and fire retardant coatings for orientated strand board (OSB).
- Worked on highly durable exterior moisture cure products to replace epoxy in stone aggregates floors, plastic primers for polyethylene and permanent anti-graffiti coatings.
- Designed a new type of extruder mixing head and exit dye so that multiple strands could extrude at simultaneous speeds.
Independent Consultant, 2001 - Present
Moon Products Inc., Project Manager, 1996 - 2000
- Developed and built a polymeric core plant to produce plastic lead for pencils and installed a dry vinyl process to make vinyl erasers and a thermoplastic eraser compound to replace natural rubber latex.
Sanford-Newell Inc., Project Manager, 1986 - 1995
- Developed co-extrusion lines for pencils and tubing and the polymeric systems to be used on these machines.
The Tape Coat Company, Project Manager, 1977 - 1986
- Designed a hydrostatic bearing system for calenders for precision casting.
- Developed hot melt pipe wraps, rubberized asphalt and coal tar products for pipelines; primers for high cathodic protection.
- Developed mastics emulsions from asphalt and coal tar as the base for many coating products.
Dr. Scroll, Head of R/D, 1975 - 1977
- Developed two products; fire retardant for Chrysler and Ford and silicone release coat for polyethylene.
The Kendall Company, Product Development Specialist, 1971 - 1975
- Ran emulsion polymerization reactors in lab and production.
- Developed pipeline primer and tape for world pipeline in Alaska, Iran and Russia.
U.S. Army Chemical Corps, Army Reserves for 6 years, Captain
Honors & Publications
- 1989 Patent: Stress Releasing Acrylic Roof System
- 1994 Patent: Recycled Rubber Conversion System for Rubber Tires
- B. S., Chemistry University of Kentucky