- Nonferrous Metal Refining;(Cu, Mg, PM, Zn, Pb, Ni, Co)
- Inorganic specialty and bulk chemicals;(carbamates, AHF, sulfates, ammonium sulfate, chlorides, acid, bases).
- Energy generation; (coal hydrogenation, coal gasification, hydrogen generation).
- Ceramics; (Ni3Al, SiC whiskers, sol gel reactions).
- Hazardous waste recycling;(K061, F006, SPL, copper chemicals).
- Industrial waste treatment;(heavy metals, coagulants, polymers).
- Electrochemical systems; (Cu and Zn electrolysis, solid electrolytes, Mg cells.)
- Process flow diagrams, (concept to reality) and equipment data sheets/specifications.
- Basic thermodynamics, (energy calculations).
- Material and energy balances, (linked to design criteria via visual basic for applications/excel).
- Technical project management;(planning, timelines, accountabilities, and budget).
- Feasibility studies, (technical and financial evaluations, owner's representative).
- Troubleshooting, process improvements and process development.
Undisclosed Company, 1999 - Present
- Consultant specializing in process economics and project viability.
Fluor Daniel, 1995 - 1999
- Principal Process Engineer for (FD), (International Engineering and Construction Company).
Australian Magnesium Corp., (AMC)
- Lead Process Engineer for a $1.billion per year facility.
- Process engineer for pre-feasibility study for a new copper refinery.
Southern Water Treatment Co., 1991 - 1995
- Technical Director.
Encycle, Inc., 1989 - 1991
- Technical Director for (Hazardous metal waste recycling).
CMS, Inc., 1984 - 1989
- Process Consultant and Software Business Owner.
Anaconda Copper (ARCO), Senior Research Engineer and Project Manager
- Re-opened a pilot scale testing plant of direct smelting of copper concentrates.
- Designed and built a 50 KVA pilot scale electric furnace.
AMAX Nickel Company, Senior Process Engineer
- Direct daily operations of this production facility of nickel, cobalt, and copper from matte via a complex hydrometallurgical process.
- Project Leader for implementation of new technology.
Keramount Company, (Monte Edison), Senior Ceramic Process Engineer and Project Manager
- Scale-up of silicon carbide whisker production process (concept to reality).
Southwire Company, Plant Metallurgist and Process Engineering Supervisor
- Supervised the copper division, a copper recycling smelter and for a continuous rod plant (SCR).
Asarco Copper Smelter, El Paso, TX
- Engineering Assistant.
Honors & Publications
- Dissertation, Ohio State University.
- Thesis, Funded-by Phelps Dodge Copper Co.), University of Texas, El Paso TX.
- Completed MBA curriculum, West Georgia College, Carrollton, GA.
- Assembly language programming
- MVP award - Gresik copper refinery
Publications and Patents
- Author of publications for symposiums, conferences, and scientific journals.
- 6 U.S. patents.
- Ph.D. Metallurgical Engineering, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- M.S. Metallurgical Engineering, University of Texas, El Paso TX.