Pulp and Paper


Experts in the processing of timber resources used to make wood pulp, also called pulpwood, cellulose and lignin. Wood pulp generally comes from softwood trees such as spruce, pine, fir, larch and hemlock, but also some hardwoods such as eucalyptus and birch. Expertise includes debarking, wood grinding (groundwood) thermomechanical pulping (TMP) and chemical pulping. Expertise exists for pulp bleaching using chlorine, chlorine dioxide, oxygen, ozone, chlorates and hydrogen peroxide.

Paper Making

Engineers and specialists in paper mill operations to produce kraft paper, newsprint, tissue paper, specialty paper, coated paper and fine writing and printing paper. Expertise includes paper sizing, paper coating, quality control, paper roll handling and paper slitting, and paper making chemicals, such as wet end additives, retention aids, brighteners, fillers and opacitifers, such as titanium dioxide, and specialty coatings and adhesives.

Paper Products

Expertise related the the manufacture of paperboard, corrugated board, folding cartons and boxes and paper tubes and cores, to name a few.

Lignin and Cellulose

Lignin is the adhesive that holds the cellulose cells and fibers together in wood products. This sub segment includes the production and use of specialty wood cellulose forms, lignin and lignin chemicals, sugars and starches, and other special utilizations of these forest products.

Need Help? Explore Experts

You have no Saved Resumes

Add resumes within our various Ares of Expertise by clicking "Add Resume(s)" below.

Add Resume(s)