- Research, marketing and engineering group management and organization development.
- Project management experience in the U.S. and internationally: Canada, Italy, Taiwan, Philippines and Malaysia.
- Technical marketing experience in the U.S., Latin America, China, Japan, India and Thailand.
- Air, solid waste and water pollution control system development, design and training.
- Energy and environment interface, including greenhouse gases and climate change.
- Technical seminar - training sessions for engineers (air pollution measurement, emission control technologies and identification of major industrial and air emission sources.
- Gaseous emission control system research for SO2 (development, design, application, economic evaluation, installation, startup, and testing).
- Installation and setup wet scrubber and hot gas quenching system (Malaysia).
- Cost effective odor emission control system (Japan).
- Air emission regulations.
- Emission source identification, estimation, and testing.
Expert Witness Experience
- Connecticut DEP air pollution regulation hearing in Hartford, Connecticut.
- U.S. EPA litigation with unknown major air pollution source.
- Independent Consultant, Present
Martech International, Hernet, CA , Director Energy and Environment, 2002 - 2012
- Responsible for developing and conducting projects for government and other organizations regarding energy and environmental issues that are national or international in scope.
- Conducted an assessment for US Agency for International Development of their environmental & energy projects being conducted in Asia in order to determine their cost-effectiveness.
- Managed an international group of air pollution consultants in the Philippines for the Asian Development Bank tasked with guiding the Philippine government efforts to control air pollution in the Metro Manila area within cost, environment and energy practical limitations.
- Developed a practical manual for solution of water and wastewater treatment problems for a business in India.
- Developed a plan for cost-efficient energy and environmental management of large scale steam and power boilers located within a specific Chinese province.
Monsanto Enviro-Chem Systems, Chesterfield, MO, Process Engineer Consultant 1996 - 2001
- Assisted Business Manager in Asia, coordinating sales, marketing and engineering aspects of business conducted in Japan, Korea, China, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Taiwan and India.
- Traveled to Asia, Latin America and Europe for company sales, marketing and engineering efforts on environmental & energy projects.
- Assisted local sales agents in China that led to two major air pollution control and valuable chemical recovery projects within China.
McLaren Hart Environmental Engineers, Essington, PA Practice Leader 1995 - 1996
- Managed projects and marketing efforts in air pollution control and management for this major U.S. environmental management company.
- Developed a cost-effective air pollution control solution for a U.S. military base.
- Conducted multi-media environmental assessments for a pharmaceutical plant and a military electronics facility.
Met-Pro Corporation, Harleysville, PA, 1995 - 1978
Director of Engineering - Director of Development
- Responsible for establishing an engineering department at this company and developing a cost-effective organization to benefit company profitability.
- Later on, developed a marketing plan and organization to increase company sales in the electronics, pharmaceutical, aerospace and automotive industries.
- Responsible for oversight of the largest single order in company history including cost estimation, review as project became an order and follow-up after the air pollution control system sold that made it a valuable customer reference.
TRC Environmental, Wethersfield, CT, Chemical Industry Manager, 1974 - 1978
- Responsible for developing and conducting environmental management projects in the chemical process and use industry.
- Also supervised the chemical and odor analysis laboratories for this employer.
- Developed substantial environmental management projects for my employer including Goodyear, Polaroid, Allied Chemical and Bethlehem Steel.
Engelhard Industries, Newark, NJ, Laboratory Supervisor, 1969 - 1974
- Responsible for conducting development projects for chemical process and environmental improvement with industrial companies such as Ford, General Motors and DuPont.
- Developed and assisted in the commercialization of an improved catalyst for the manufacture of nitric acid and received company bonuses for this effort.
- Conducted laboratory, pilot and full scale tests of catalytic mufflers for autos and light trucks in order to meet U.S. EPA requirements.
- Supervised a group of engineers, chemists and technicians in this endeavor.
Olin Chemicals, New Haven, CT, Research Scientist, 1965 - 1969
- Responsible for process development research to support a petrochemical plant.
- Developed an improved catalyst that would make a chemical plant more Profitable.
Honors & Publications
- Environmental Toxicology
- Paint Finishing
- German - read/write
- French - read
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Philadelphia Chemical Consultants
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers - AIChE
- Air and Waste Management Association - A&WMA
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers - SME
Publications and Patents
- Numerous papers and presentations on energy and environmental subjects.
- Several patents on process and environmental catalysts.
- Ph.D. Physical Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- M.B.A. Management, University of Connecticut, Hartford, CT
- B.S. Chemistry, Boston University, Boston, MA