Technology Development Consultant
Technical Consultant #952
- Large and small business leadership.
- Technical business development.
- Government and commercial project management.
- Human Resource Management.
- Doing business with federal government agencies: processes for proposals, contracting, SBIR, appropriations, deliverables.
- Planning: Creating and implementing strategic goals; business transitions.
- Recruiting: Anticipating and filling organizational staffing needs.
- Positioning: Developing and positioning high technology products.
- Materials: Aerospace, ballistic.
- Analytical chemistry.
The CECON Group, Inc., Vice President and Program Manager, 2005 - Present
- Contracts technical consulting and expert witness services to startups, established firms and attorneys.
Concord Consulting, 2004 - Present
Principal Consultant, HR processes and project management
- Successfully managed sensitive $1million federal proposal process for high-end software startup. Advised on business positioning, project staffing, visa processes, security, compensation, project management.
- Lobbied for $5 million federal research and development appropriations for a specialty materials firm. Advised on business focus, project staffing, special HR situations, and government funding and contracting processes.
Quantum Leap Innovations, Director HR, Director Gov. Programs, Corporate VP, 2002 - 2004
- Directed sensitive $11 million Navy research project for applied intelligent software research and development on situation awareness, real time planning and decision superiority.
- Resolved complex issues: security, financial and technology objectives, project staffing, government funding of deliverables, intellectual property, subcontractor team selection and performance.
- Result: Team developed novel technologies. Personal marketing led to $12-20 million applied research and development funding, which was a strategic growth component of the company. Selection and growth of technical team to 25 people.
- Director of Human Resources (Chief People Officer): Identified and implemented scaleable HR business processes for talent requirements, position definition, recruiting hiring, total compensation, visas, personal and organizational development planning, succession, discipline and termination.
- Result: Hired 20 executives and computer scientists/engineers.
- Respected HR business partner on management team. Positioned company for growth.
Remedy Intelligent Staffing, Franchise Owner/Operator, Recruiting and Sales Director, 1998 - 2001
- Opened and operated Delaware franchise for human resource placement.
- Using advanced human performance technologies and e-commerce, recruited and provided contingent and permanent staffing for administrative, HR, logistics, technical and management positions.
- Remedy staffing franchise: Personally recruited and placed all permanent positions.
- Result: Developed 75 high quality recruiting sources; placed 350 associates; billed 150 customers, 25 repeat clients; breakeven 10 months; $2 million revenue rate; 28% growth margin; excellent reputation; sold business to franchisor for profit.
Cytec Industries, General Manager, Advanced Materials & Structures,1997 - 1998
- While growing the commercial and government customer base (Boeing, Lockheed, United Technologies, Rolls Royce, Kvaerner, U.S. Government), personally communicated and resolved difficult human resource issues during long period of corporate transition.
DuPont Company, Business Segment Leader, Aerospace Composites, 1989 - 1997
- Accountable for all assets of the business.
- Included strategic planning, staff, customers, P/L, budgeting, plant site, quality, safety, reporting, communicating. Led ISO9001 quality implementation and certification in a diverse development/production/business center using the safety paradigm.
- Recruited leaders to devise an equitable project cost allocation for all assets in the 120,000 sq. ft. secure facility with 130 people, billing $25 million annually.
- Revised sourcing and pricing options.
- Result: Secured government contracts (military vehicle armor, composites, engineering).
- Wide-scale organization buy-in. Turnaround from $10 million annual loss to $2 million profit in 3 years; no recordable injuries.
- Recruited, trained and developed 10 key Program Managers responsible for critical portfolio objectives, including government classified.
- Implemented Program Management system and product development review system (PACE) to cost-effectively develop new products managed by stronger leaders.
- Result: Proposed/won key product development contracts with government, university and corporate alliance partners.
- Commercialized six new products totaling $42 million revenue and $6 million earnings in third year of sales.
DuPont Company, 1973 - 1989
- Senior Account Manager, Defense Products
- Program Manager, U.S. Defense Department Programs
- Senior Scientist, New Market Development
- Product Manager, Petrochemicals
- Analytical Services Supervisor, Petrochemical Additive
- Research Chemist, New Polymer Intermediates
Honors & Publications
- Commendation for Excellence, member, Board of Directors, SACMA, Suppliers of Advanced Composite Materials Association
- Ph.D. Analytical Chemistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- B.A. Chemistry, Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, PA