- Technical Manager with diverse experience in industrial analytical testing laboratories, specifically pharmaceuticals, nutritional supplements, household products, paints coatings and cosmetics.
- Practiced in compendial procedures and methods including USP/NF, FCC, AOAC, ASTM and ACS.
- Method development and validation of analytical procedure along with designing stability programs.
- Laboratory management functions including sales and client contacts.
- Well versed in FDA regulatory affairs.
Undisclosed Company, Business Development Manager and QC Director, 2011 - Present
- Responsible for new business development and for the overall quality functions of the laboratory.
Alliance Technologies, LLC, Monmouth Junction, NJ, Business Development Manager, 2007 - 2010
- Developed new business, determined technical requirements and selling projects in fulfilling client needs.
- Conducted all technical marketing services.
Hair Systems Inc., Englishtown, Manager - Quality Control, 2001 - 2007
- Responsible for the daily quality of all inbound raw material chemicals and components used in the manufacturing of various hair and reactive hair formulation products in bleaches, permanent waves and other specialty products.
- Instrumental in developing internal quality programs which were critical to becoming internationally certified by ISO.
Shuster Laboratories, Quincy, MA, (NJ Office) Manager - New Business Development, 1999 - 2001
- Responsible for new business development primarily in pharmaceutical, nutritional supplements, cosmetic, foods and other areas.
- Developed protocols in response to new test methods and was instrumental initiating new business areas previously not addressed.
Independent Consultant, 1998 - 1999
- Performed assignments in a clinical laboratory dealing with cosmetics claim substantiation and efficacy; assisted a food laboratory in cooking oils test procedures; developed various test programs for household product claims substantiation; and functioned as a technical expert in legal matters.
Lawler Manufacturing Corp., Edison, NJ, Director of Marketing, 1997 - 1988
- Directed and initiated the marketing of a manufacturer of testing equipment for petroleum industry.
- Primary duties were to increase business market size through product utilization in other industries including foods, rubber, paints, building products, pharmaceuticals and industrial chemicals.
Leberco Testing, Inc., Roselle, NJ, Associate Director, 1991 - 1997
- Associate Director responsible for the total operations of a testing laboratory consisting of chemistry, microbiology and toxicology.
- Helped in stabilizing the staff of fifty employees and expanded business substantially.
- Maintained laboratory operations in accordance with cGMP/GLP and clients' requirements.
- Analysis performed on a wide range of pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, foods, and household products.
- Instrumental and wet techniques were used.
- Method development, validation and stability testing were conducted.
United States Testing Co., Inc., Hoboken, NJ, Manager - Special Projects, 1976 - 1991
- Responsible for the technical management of the chemistry division which provided testing services in pharmaceuticals, foods, cosmetics and specialty chemicals.
Reheis Chemical Co., Berkeley Heights, NJ, Group Leader, 1968 - 1976
- Conducted commercial development on new specialty chemicals for paint, textiles, antimicrobials, polishes and ceramics.
Monsanto Research Corp., Miamisburg, OH, Research Chemist, 1963 - 1968
- Research chemist responsible for the synthesis and characterization of nuclear fuels.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Chemical Society
- American Society for Testing and Materials
- American Institute of Chemists
- Society of Cosmetic Chemists
- Society of Polymers
- Institute of Food Technologists
Publications and Patents
- Twelve Publications
- Five Patents
- Five Papers presented to various trade organizations
- MBA Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, NJ
- M.S. Chemistry, University of Dayton, Dayton, OH
- B.A. Chemistry, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA