- Softgel capsule technology for pharmaceuticals and recreational products.
- Chemical research related to medical polymers, analytical methods and personal care and cosmetic product formulation.
- Formulation of paintball fills, shells and colors.
- Paintball manufacturing technology.
Independent Consultant, 2000 - Present
- Polymer processing and paintball manufacturing technology.
R. P. Scherer, Clearwater, FL, Technical Service Scientist, 1993 - 2000
- Development and implementation of paintball product compositions from concept to stable manufacturing.
- Establishment and administration of quality control systems for raw materials used in the manufacture of paintballs and cosmetic capsules.
- Manufacturing process quality analysis and implementation of improvements resulting in significant paintball product quality improvements. Scherer paintball product quality currently surpasses all competitors.
- United States Patent granted for paintball fill composition.
- Developed processes for the manufacture of gelatin solutions for pharmaceutical capsules.
VIN-DOTCO, Inc., Largo, FL, Technical Director, 1992 - 1993
- Formulation of industrial cleaners, solvent solutions, and personal care products using environmentally safe ingredients.
- Established and administered quality assurance systems for manufacturing and environmentally safe industrial and consumer products.
- Implemented regulatory compliance as required by FDA, CPSC, OSHA, EPA regulations.
- Six United States Patents granted for environmentally safe industrial cleaners and personal care products.
Critikon, Inc., (Johnson & Johnson), Tampa, FL, Scientist, 1981 - 1991
- Physical and chemical properties testing of polymeric materials using thermal analysis, Instron equipment, torque rheometry, capillary rheometry, gas chromatography and liquid chromatography.
- Synthesis of polymers, extrusion processes development, and pilot production of new polyurethane intravenous catheters.
- Synthesis and process development of thromboresistant catheter coatings.
- Held overall responsibility for materials characterization method development and data analysis in support of polymer compounding, extrusion and injection molding projects.
Southern Research Institute, Birmingham, AL, Biomaterials Section, Chemist. 1972 - 1981
- Synthesis, processing, and characterization of biomedical polymers including silicone, acrylic hydrogel, biodegradable polyester, and polyurethane.
- Applications included controlled release drug delivery devices, maxillofacial prostheses, contraceptive I.U.D., and injectable microcapsules.
Honors & Publications
Publications and Patents
7 U.S. Patents
B. S. Chemistry, Biology Minor, University of Alabama in Birmingham