- 40 years' experience in thermoplastic processing.
- Thermoforming, particularly thin-gauge sections and packaging materials.
- Thermoplastic foam extrusion, particularly polystyrene (PS), polyethylene (PE, LDPE, HDPE) , propylene (PP) , polyvinyl chloride (PVC)and polyester resins (PET).
- Rotational molding technology and thermoforming in major appliance areas such as refrigerator liners
- Plastic powder technologies including powder coating of composites.
- In-plant technical seminars in thermoforming, foam and powder processing
- Heat transfer technology as applied to plastics processing.
- Rheological characteristics of thermoplastics in processing.
- Litigation and expert witness related to patent issues.
1985 - Present Independent Consultant
- Specializing in advanced polymer processing and plastics technology transfer - thermoforming, foam processing.
- Appeared as expert witness in several patent infringement cases dealing with foams and thermoformed parts.
- Attorney consultant on product and process litigations.
1989 - 1992 B. F. Goodrich Co., Geon Vinyl Division
R&D Fellow, Plastics Technology Group
- Blow molding, new twin-sheet thermoforming processes.
1986 - 1989 University of Akron, Akron, OH
Professor, Center for Polymer Engineering
1988 - 1989 NASA Langley, Hampton, VA, ASEE Summer Research Fellow, Materials Division.
- Development of solventless prepregging process.
1975 - 1985 Amoco Chemical Corp., Naperville, IL
1973 - 1975 Beloit Corporation, Beloit, WI, Director, Plastics Research, Paper Machinery Division
1972 - 1973 University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Visiting Associate Professor, Energetics Department, College of Applied Science and Engineering
Honors & Publications
- American Men and Women of Science
- Who's Who in Technology Today
- International Who's Who in Technology
- Fellow, Society of Plastics Engineers, 1986
- Fellow, Plastics and Rubber Institute, 1981
- Service Award, Engineering Properties and Structures Division, Society of Plastics Engineers, 1982
- Best Paper Award, Thermoplastic Materials & Foams Division, Society of Plastics Engineers, 1982
- Author of 5 books on polymer process engineereing, lthermoforming, thermoplastic foams and polymer engineering.
- B.S. Case Institute of Technology, Chemical Engineering (Honors)
- M.S. University of Delaware, Chemical Engineering
- Ph.D. University of Delaware, Chemical Engineering