- Strategy and tactics management for trade associations and for companies in dealing with regulatory agencies.
- Specific experience with the Silver Institute and Silver Nanotechnology Working Group in dealing with the U.S. EPA and with Europe's REACH, and success is achieved in having unfavorable criteria and policies rescinded.
- Electrical and optical properties of polymeric materials and their commercial applications, i.e.: Conductive polymeric systems for electronics housings, antistatic packaging and processing; the formulation of conductive composites and coatings, and comparisons of the economic and technical, performance of each option; polymeric materials for fiber optic in wire and cable, systems piezo- and pyroelectric materials.
Medical and Food packaging applications of polymeric materials
- New barrier layer packaging materials
- Packaging materials that withstand high heat levels
- Microwavable and dual ovenable packaging
Structural Materials and their fabrications
- New engineering plastics and their capabilities
- Composite formulation of engineering plastics
- Synthesis of monomers and polymers for high-performance purposes
- Testing and design of performance evaluation methods for new materials
Applications of Antimicrobial products, especially for health-care uses
- Markets and chemistry for nano silver formulations
- Knowledge of markets for silver, zinc, copper and their compounds
- Wood protection technology
Expert Witness Experience
- Plastic materials failures.
Undisclosed University, Adjunct Professor, Miami, FL, 1999 - Present
- Educator: Chemistry and Environmental Sciences departments.
- Research program to investigate the use of silver-based chemicals to replace chromated copper arsenate for preserved wood products.
- Research in bioengineering department on new methods for cancer therapy.
Independent Consultant, 1978 - Present
- Independent laboratory research and market research consultant in chemicals and plastics technology.
- Medical devices and packaging development.
- Sensors for microwavable and ovenable plastic cookware, and high performance plastic composites.
- Extensive research: Analysis of polymer production using catalysts, initiators, and condensation methods.
- Carried out studies on new markets for metals, especially silver, zinc, and copper and specialty chemicals.
Tile Council of America, Inc., Anderson, SC, 1969 - 1978
Industry Senior Scientist and Research Manager
- Responsible for the design of novel reprographic systems and for the commercial development of architectural formulations for use with ceramic tile.
- Ceramic tile research performed in the capacities of senior scientist and research manager.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Society of Plastics Engineers
- American Chemical Society (Chairman), Trenton NJ Section
- Association of Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology
- American Wood Protection Association
- International Research Group on Wood Protection
Publications and Patents
- Publications submitted for: Society of the Plastics Industry, American Chemical Society, Society of Plastics Engineers, Plastics Institute of America, American Wood Protection Association and International Research Group on Wood Protection.
- Studies submitted: Proprietary studies, special reports and market opportunities for electrically conducting polymeric materials.
- Hydrophilic polymers studies: New markets, technologies and opportunities.
- Health-care uses of plastic films.
- Proprietary market research studies on plastics, metals, and nanomaterials.
- Various U. S. Patents
- M.B.A. Business Management/Finance, Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH
- Ph.D. Physical Organic Chemistry, Purdue University, W. Lafayette, IN
- B. A. Chemistry, Columbia University, New York, NY