Security professional with over 40 years of combined experience including law enforcement and management. Providing real-world perspectives in roles and client engagements; Business operations, security planning, event logistics, and crisis management.
Industry leadership embodies security operations consulting for public entities, specialty industrial projects, retail entities, contract guard agencies, and special investigations. A laser focus to company goals, profitability, and risk exposure. Execute measurable differences in facility design (FOH / BOH / Site Access / Traffic Control), personnel security, access control, operations, business development, and maintain a steady, vetted, and dependable network of industry resources.
Certified Protection Professional (CPP) credential through the American Society of Industrial Security - International (ASIS) which identifies the most qualified worldwide security professionals. The CPP designation is an internationally recognized certification serving as the true measure of competency, commitment, and excellence within the security profession.
Command the mastery within the security field, fulfill executive positions in the ASIS South Jersey Chapter while pursuing continuing education and professional activities that earn the required recertification credits on a tri-annual basis.
- Executive Security Management
- Business Development Consulting
- Professional & Executive Protection
- Risk Mitigation Services
- Internal and External Investigations
- Contract Agency Security Management
- Cost Containment Strategies
- Security Awareness Training
- Security Operations Consulting
P.O.I., 2003 - Present
- Security Executive, business developer and investigative consultant
Brosnan Risk Consultants, LLC., Pearl River, NY, 2014 - 2021
- Vice President, Mid-Atlantic Region, 2018 - 2021
- Director, Philadelphia / South Jersey District, 2014 - 2018
Sielox, LLC., Runnemede, NJ, 2013 - 2014
- Director, Business Development
Philadelphia Gas Works, Philadelphia, PA, 2006 - 2013
- Associate Security Director and Investigative Consultant
Philadelphia Police Department, Philadelphia PA, 1980 - 2003
- Lieutenant, 1996 - 2003
- Sergeant, 1990 - 1996
- Detective, 1984 - 1990
- Police Officer, 1980 – 1984
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit and tactical nature which translates to dedication to every project while seizing opportunities to “create a better way” in business and security practices.
- Utilizing extensive experience in developing operating policy and procedures on prevention tactics and response strategies that cover the gamut of personnel security, access control, workplace violence, internal investigations, and on-site accidents / incidents.
- Successfully onboard major retail vendors by driving Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators that enable clients to grow while generating sales increases in all account categories through creative business development strategies that diversify their portfolio with innovative security solutions.
- Develop security surveys, camera audit procedures, and access point checks while writing step-by-step emergency status plans complete with instructions for ground personnel, supervisors, and managers.
- Communicate with clients directly to present solutions to complex business problems simply and effectively by recognizing trends, making assessments and accurate forecasts while formulating effective solutions despite incomplete information.
- Create evidenced-based, step-by-step, emergency status plans - complete with instructions for ground personnel, supervisors, and managers - that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) adopted as their “new standard” for compliance guidelines and practical security integrations.
- Outsource and partner with independent security firms and operators to create innovative alliances to cover exceptional issues and requests while repositioning operations functions as a partner with clients to generate mutually beneficial relationships.
- Establish organizational goals, while managing key performance objectives for teams using a no-nonsense, yet fair management style.
- Recruit, mentor, and coach all levels of staff (Human Resources, Recruiter, Operations Managers, Directors and other collegial Vice Presidents) in best practice Standard Operating Procedures to ensure safety and compliance.
- Institute mandatory security training while facilitating a “security is a priority for all” culture for employees, contractors, and corporate officers.
Honors & Publications
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP), ASIS International
- Licenses: New Jersey Licensed Private Investigator & Pennsylvania Licensed Private Investigator
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- ASIS International, South Jersey Chapter: Current Vice Chair & Certification Chair, Former Chapter Chair & Treasurer
- New Jersey Licensed Private Investigators Association (NJLPIA)
- Pennsylvania Association of Licensed Investigators (PALI), Beacon Executive
- Master of Science, Criminal Justice Administration, Saint Joseph University, Philadelphia, PA
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Business Administration, Lasalle University, Philadelphia, PA