- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), systems installing and integrating and supply chain applications at Global enterprise scale.
- Maximize product value through Agile, Lean and SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Voice of customer evangelist, driving product, placement, pricing, and promotion specifically to demonstrated customer buying preferences.
- Experienced in systems and process project management in logistics, pharma, medical device, manufacturing, retail, hi-tech, and transportation verticals.
- Specific experience building and using technology to establish, grow, optimize development and product teams supporting corporate initiatives and sales efforts.
- PMI, ERP & CRM, TMS, WMS, Supply Chain Planner, S&OP, Program Management, & ITIL
- Project Management Professional Services
- Product Visioning
- Agile Software Development
- Network Optimization
- Workflow Optimization
- Lean Methodology
- Embedded Systems
- Revenue Generation, and Savings
- Contract Management
- Customer Journey Mapping
- B2B Performance Management
- Risk and Change Management
- Benchmarking, and Public Speaking
I.C., General Manager, 2005 - Present
- General Manager: Project management and process integration consultancy supporting data, hi-tech, manufacturing, transportation, and distribution companies. Customer project highlights:
- Contract President of large data storage / massively online database presentation business providing custom Web sites for marketing data for Dun & Bradstreet, Nielsen and others. Facilitated cleanup, packaging, and sale of the business over two years.
- Worked with the principal of a 3PL on large international acquisition/closing to create new product lines and enable sales to drive revenue to these products.
- Project managed the improvement of international supply chain operations for auto supplier Remington Tire, resulting in reduction in annual transportation costs by 9%.
- Re-engineering of global supply chain process for Phillip’s Medical Imaging, resulting in global process unification.
- Project managed the overhaul of Domestic and International transportation, and supply chain systems for building materials manufacturer, Masonite.
- Managed the project to resolve international systems, ERP and warehouse issues for oil tools supplier, Wenaas.
TotalTrax, Inc., Newport, DE, Technology Officer, 2010 - 2021
Chief Product and Technology Officer
- Managed the merger of three technology companies into a single, cohesive and product driven industry leader.
- Organized customer personas and journey mapping to focus on the critical few products and features that optimize value.
- Drove a disruptive product strategy converting from commodity hardware to a software platform strategy.
- Moved entire legacy customer set from on-prem to private cloud and then to AWS over a span of 3 years. This includes ~250,000 customer field devices and 180 customer sites/instances. Grew the total number of customer instances as this occurred by 30%.
- Completed a corporate, shared data lake that assimilated customer data in raw form and provides report extracts and APIs through AWS lambda functions as well as cross platform comparative, predictive and customer specific analytics.
- Completed automated CI/CD pipeline that delivers the results of monthly Sprints as OTA (over the air) updates to customer servers and thus to subscribing devices.
- Installed and optimized Epicor ERP system for manufacturing, order taking, finance and other key processes.
Stonepath Group 3PL, Philadelphia, PA, Chief Technical Officer, 2001 - 2005
- CTO & Vice President: Guided 6 Directors and 32 Developers and Technicians in start-up operations while acting as Chief Integration Officer for 8 company acquisitions. Project highlights include the following:
- Architect and builder of Techlogis global 3PL, NVOCC, and freight forwarding operating system. The system ran high-volume pick/pack/ship processes for Target, Best Buy, AT&T, and Home Depot including last mile deliveries.
- Optimized fleet of electric material handling vehicles, improving the charge cycle, battery and vehicle match profiles and driving cost improvement of 20% for the fleet of 200 vehicles.
- Establishment of national new-store mixing center for Home Depot in 45 days including WMS systems.
- Launch of regional distribution center for Target within 60 days.
- Design and launch of BEA/WebLogic customer portal for Lutron Lighting.
- Visioned and built s system to manage the throughput processes for Best Buy distribution center.
Oracle Consulting. Philadelphia, PA, 1998 - 2001
National Leader-Supply Chain Practice
- Established internal supply chain Program management consulting practice, installed i2 supply chain applications (TMS, Factory Planner, ASCP), and trained and supervised 25 Oracle consultants.
- Designed, built, and managed company’s first Manufacturing Execution System at General Electric aircraft engine plant. The result was the application became an Oracle price list product within 2 years.
- Drafted transportation optimization model for large mid-western office manufacturing company, resulting in reduction of transportation costs by more than 10% and reduced average inventory in transit by 10 days.
American President Logistics, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Vice President, 1986 - 1998
- Launched Contract Logistics division, secured high-value accounts, and recruited and trained associates for account management. Controlled annual revenue turnover in excess of $400 Million.
- Procured, installed, and resold as ASP i2’s first client-server transportation system.
- Operated system as standard for s managing all North America freight for world’s largest chemical company DuPont.
- Championed logistics optimization initiative for DuPont, resulting in installation of unified transportation and routing system for North America, labor cost reduction of more than 15%, and significant reduction in freight cost.
- Managed 20 distribution centers for customers, including in most cases their electric material handling vehicles. Used fleet management techniques to reduce the number and cost of the fleet through better charge, shift, operator and maintenance.
Honors & Publications
- Theory of Constraints Jonah, Java & .net Development Management, APC Quality Initiative Training
- Situational Leadership 1 & 2, Managing Quality Improvement, Daily Process Management
- Business Process Quality Management, Winning Project Management, and Effective Communication
- Toyota Production System (TPS), Lean
- English - Native
- Japanese - Business level
- German - business level
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- CIO Network
- CTO Connections
- The Human Gathering
- B.A., Management. Columbia Pacific University, San Rafael, CA & University of Southern California