- Create dynamic teams composed of safety and security professionals providing exceptional level of protection for all persons and physical assets, delivering proven analytical and strategic leadership gained through an exceptional 36-year law enforcement career.
- Staff and Command Management
- Strategic Leadership
- Active Shooter Tactical Strategist
- Force-On-Force Scenario Based Trainer
- Response To Resistance / Use of Force Advisor
- Tactical Operations Team Leader
- Firearms Training and Development
- A.L.I.C.E. Certified Instructor
- Critical Incident Management
- Critical Incident Response Trainer
- Contract Negotiations
- Budgeting, Forecasting & Procurement
- Mutual Aid / Multi-Agency Coordinator
- Author Policies & Procedures
- Bore-sighted firearm optics
Expert Witness Experience
- Pre-and post-trial preparation including asset investigations.
- Locating defendants and witnesses, service of process, witness statements, police report acquisition, freedom of information act (FOIA) requests, and cohabitation verification.
- Court testimony, scene photos and diagrams, surveillance, criminal and civil litigation investigations and histories as well as pre-employment screening and background investigations.
Undisclosed Institution, Department of Public Safety, 2013 - Present
Constabulary - Campus Safety and Security
- Supervising the safe implementation of firearms and officer survival training. Serve as a direct adviser to the Assistant Vice President of University Safety on all force-related issues, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for research, development, and implementation of all divisional firearms-related curricula, training, and certification encompassing the new hire to the seasoned veteran including advanced live-fire exercises along with interactive, realistic, force-on-force, scenario-based training. Provide training and certifications to constables from A.I. DuPont
- Hospital, Brandywine Consolidated School District, Red Clay School District, St. Andrew’s School, Tower Hill School, Wilmington University, and Wesley College.
Board of Examiners, Advisor, 2013 - Present
- Currently serve as the weapons and tactics, firearms training and use of force advisor to the Board.
I.I.S.I., 2019 - Present
Security and Safety Assessment Consultant
- Surveil and perform real-time risk assessments of the working environment of infrastructure, utility and power-grid maintenance crews dispatched to high crime areas to ensure the crew’s safety by summoning local police whenever a potentially hostile situation may arise.
- Impressive Impressions Security provides a bridge between available public safety services and private security needs of corporations, commercial properties, or individuals.
V.T.I., LLC, 2013 - 2019
Owner and Operator
- Provide private firearms training and tactical solutions for companies and conceal carry firearms training and techniques to active and retired law enforcement and military personnel, and judicial officers of the courts to include: jurists, private attorneys, corporate executives, and constables as well as the general public.
- Vendor management, relative to supplies and training materials, schedules, etc. Training meets and/or exceeds the requirements of Council On Police Training, Delaware Board of Examiners, the Delaware License to Carry Concealed Deadly Weapons, (DE Title 11~1441) and H.R. 218, the “Law Enforcement Officers’ Safety Act.”
Lawmen Supply Company Inc., 2011
Regional Account Manager
- Utilizing GSA criteria, provided agency-specific, mission-critical equipment to local, state, and federal law enforcement professionals as well as private security firms utilizing a strong consumer focus and comprehension of the operational task and requirements of the law enforcement industry.
- Developed solid sales and exemplary customer service by assisting with logistics of procurement vehicles, forecasting, and customization of individual client needs.
C.D.F., 2011 -2019
Owner and Operator
- Successfully operated as a sole proprietor retail firearms sales company.
- Specializing in sales and service of retail firearms and all firearms-related equipment. installation and bore-sighted optics include high power scopes, lasers, and holograph sighting systems.
- Federally certified to complete FFL, transactions as well as person-to-person, police agency to officer or retiring officer FFL transfers.
- Armorer, gunsmith, and appraisal services were provided.
F.I., LLC, 2007 - 2012
Owner and Operator
- This company provided private investigation and process of service.
- Dedicated pre and post-trial tasks to include asset investigations, locating defendants and witnesses, service of process, witness statements, police report acquisition, freedom of information act (FOIA) requests, cohabitation verification, court testimony, scene photos and diagrams, surveillance, criminal and civil litigation investigations and histories as well as pre-employment screening and background investigations.
Delaware State Police, 1985 – 2007
Delaware State Trooper
Delaware State Police, Division of Homeland Security
Section Chief Firearms Training Unit, 2001 - 2002
- Supervised the safe implementation of firearms and officer survival training. Served as a direct adviser to the Superintendent and the Executive Staff on firearms-related issues.
- Ensured the health and safety of all state, municipal, and federal participants training at the facilities. Utilized State of Delaware criteria, by operating, managing and overseeing departmental programs including purchase, maintenance, budgeting, and reporting functions.
- Researched, developed, and implemented all divisional firearms-related curricula, training, and certification encompassing the recruit trooper to the seasoned veteran including advanced live-fire exercises along with interactive, realistic, force-on-force, scenario-based training.
- Managed information systems, telecommunications, human resources, logistics, property, space, records and files, office equipment, and procurement through administration of a six figure, line-item training budget.
Certified Armorer Firearms Instructor, 1997 - 2001
- Firearms Training Unit Staff Firearms and Force-On-Force Instructor in Smyrna, Delaware.
Uniform Patrol-Shift Commander-Sergeant, 2002 - 2003
- Directed and counseled all troopers in the proper performance of their duties by adhering to division-standard operating procedures at Troop 6 in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Reviewed all reports for completeness and accuracy.
- Resolved numerous high-risk critical incidents.
- Developed a critical response plan for the General Motors, Boxwood Plant. Fostered relations between the Delaware State Police and the Department of Corrections, Division of Probation and Parole by implementing a warrant initiative yielding the apprehension of dangerous criminals as well as the seizure of numerous illegal weapons, narcotics and drugs paraphernalia.
- Directed and managed numerous criminal investigations and traffic crash investigations as well as domestic and civil disputes along with pre-employment background investigations.
Special Operations Response Team Leader (S.O.R.T.)
- The Team Leader of the “Alpha Element.” Collaborated in the planning, organization, direction, and implementation of monthly training for the team.
- Assisted in the preparation and deployment of this unit in the planning and safe execution of high-risk search and arrest warrants of armed adversaries.
- Provided security detail to numerous diplomats and dignitaries during local, state, and federal conventions and political appearances.
- Served as the Delaware State Police High-Risk Tactical Liaison to the U.S Secret Service Detail of Homeland Security Secretary, (Tom Ridge), MBNA 400 NASCAR Race, Dover, Delaware.
Uniform Patrol, 1985 - 1997
- Directed and counseled all troopers at various locations.
MBank USA, 1985
- Supervisor collections and recovery
Delaware Trust Company,1983 - 1985
- Finance Adjuster and Credit Analyst
Sears Roebuck & Company Inc., 1980 - 1983
- Finance Adjuster and Credit Analyst
- Serviced and maintained thirty, sixty, ninety, and one hundred and twenty-day delinquent credit accounts.
- SigSauer Pistol Mounted Optics Instructor
- Delaware State Police Professional Licensing Armed Constable
- Delaware Board of Examiners, Certified Handgun/Shotgun/Rifle Firearms Instructor
- Delaware Council on Police Training, Certified Firearms Instructor
- National Rifle Assoc. Patrol Rifle Instructor
- National Rifle Assoc. Handgun / Shotgun Instructor
- SigSauer Pistol Mounted Optics Instructor
- Blackwater Training Center/Tactical Pistol I
- Vision Enhancement and Low Light Firearms Training
- Smith & Wesson/Interactive Training Instructor
- F.B.I. / Firearms Instructor Certification
- International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors, Inc.
Honors & Publications
Technology Information Systems and Computer
- CJIS - Criminal Justice Information Services, DELJIS – Delaware Criminal
- Justice Information System, NCIC – National Criminal Information Center, Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint, Educational Software Programs: Banner, Green-Shades, SharePoint, DSX-Physical
- Access Control Electronic Security System, Avigilon - Video Camera Surveillance System, Connect-One - Mobile
- Device Security for Remote Access & Control
- Certified: High power scopes, lasers, and holograph sighting systems. Federally certified to complete FFL
- National Weapons Detection Training Program / Magnetometer
- Action Target Range Master
- Remington Arms Armorer
- SIG Arms Armorer
- Glock Armorer
- Protective Security Officer
- Class A Private Investigative Agency License
- Carry Concealed Deadly Weapon, Special License
- Federal Firearms License FFL
- Deadly Weapons Dealer License
- Delaware Division of Revenue, Retailer Business License
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Alumnus Northwestern University Center for Public Safety-Association of Retired Delaware State Police
- Delaware Board of Examiners-Delaware Council on Police Training-Delaware Department of Revenue
- Delaware Department of State -Delaware Superior Court, Office of the Prothonotary-Federal Air Marshall Service
- Federal Bureau of Investigation-Mid-Atlantic Intel & Law Enforcement Training Seminar-Federal Protection Service-Transportation Safety Administration-U.S. Conceal Carry Association-U.S. Department of Homeland Security-U.S. Department of Justice / Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives-U.S. Department of State / Bureau of Consular Affairs-Action Target, Blackwater Training Center, Glock, Inc., National Rifle Association, Remington Arms-Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Inc
- Delaware Technical and Community College, Wilmington, DE
- Wilmington College, Wilmington, DE
Continuous Professional Development
- Mid-Atlantic Intel & Law Enforcement Training Seminar (INLETS) FBI Intelligence Fusion Center
- U. S. Department of Homeland Security / Federal Protection Service
- Protective Security Officer Certification Course
- Delaware State Fire School First Aid / CPR / AED / Child CPR/AED / Infant CPR
- Law Enforcement Officer’s Safety Act / HR 218 Federal Conceal Carry Permit
- Delaware Division of Professional Regulation
- U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Passport
- U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
- Delaware Superior Court, Office of the Prothonotary
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- Advanced Tactical Management for Commanders and Supervisors
- SIG Arms Range Master / Management and Range Operations Program
- SIG Arms Certified Armorer
- F.B.I. / Use of Ballistic Shield Training
- Yavapai Firearms Academy/Advanced Combat
- B.S. Criminal Justice, (currently completing the degree) Wilmington University, New Castle, DE
Northwestern University Center for Public Safety, Evanston, IL