Polymer Chemist with focus to formulation and processes development in the polymer industries. Practical experience in thermoplastics and thermosets. Background in design, start up, production development, organization and management in the main producing sectors: Automotive, motorsport, rail, marine, aerospace, and industrial.
Specialized Areas Services and Products
- Formulation of prepreg epoxy matrices, for autoclave, hot press, and Out Of Autoclave applications.
- Formulation of thermosetting systems with FST (Fire, Smoke Toxicity) and heat release characteristics (FAR 25.853, EN 45545 2, EN 13823, UL94V standards).
- Development of production processes via impregnation, chemical b-stage and hotmelt coating, for fabrics, UD, felts, and tow.
- Solvent and hotmelt matrix and BMC (Bulk Molding Compounds) preparation methods, using turboemulsors and kneader mixer.
- Quality control, qualification procedures and techniques on raw materials, matrices, pre-pregs, and finished products.
- Characteristics of textile fibers and weaving techniques.
- Vacuum laminating and Compression moulding techniques.
- Proiivde quick and comprehensive advice to companies in the prepreg sector, even remotely.
- Supervision of purchasing management of chemical warehouse.
- Staff training and team management.
- IATF 16949 and ISO
- 9001 standards
Independent Contracting-Chemical Expert, Material Design and Manufacturing, Present
- Formulator and product development specialist. Responsible for design, development, and continuous improvement of carbon/epoxy prepreg products and production processes.
R&D Technical Manager, M.C., Italy, 2018 - 2020
- Responsible for design, formulation, development, and continuous improvement of epoxy/carbon fibers prepreg products and production processes.
- Activity management leading to patents and knowhow rights. Activity coordination of the people assigned to the Management of collaborations with research institutions.
Production Manager, M.C., Italy, 2018
- Production manager of hot melt line for carbon/epoxy prepregs production.
- Production planning, compound production management, improvement of process parameters and Overall Operations Effectiveness (starting of a new production line).
Lab Manager, M.C., Italy, 2012 – 2017
- Research and development of new polymer matrices and technical fabrics, for prepregs production. Use of the following analytical techniques: calorimetric, rheological, dynamic-mechanical, thermomechanical, dynamometric, microscopical, accelerated aging analysis.
- Quality control activity. Start-up of new solvent production line. Responsible for the scale up of laboratory formulations into commercial production
Academic intern, University, Italy, 2010 – 2011
- Internship in special synthesis laboratory. Research about Hofmeister phenomena in non-aqueous solvents.
- Experience with spectroscopic, calorimetry and X ray diffraction analytical techniques.
Academic intern, University, Italy, 2004 – 2005
- Internship in analytical and organic chemistry laboratories.
- Research about controlling and limiting environmental impact related to production companies, accident prevention and occupational hygiene.
Lab Technician, R.T.I.G, Italy, 2002
- Qualitative analysis of textile fibers, solution preparation for textile finishing and dyeing of fabrics with colorants.
- Experience with spectroscopic and microscopic analytical techniques. Execution of quality control tests on fabrics
Honors & Publications
- Diploma in Lean Manufacturing - Productive Management with Fundamental Tools, Alison
- Project Management Essentials Certified-(PMEC), Management and Strategy Institute
- Advanced technologies of surface treatment, ENEA
- Italian : mother tongue
- English : Intermediate B2
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member of Composites Excellence Center of Asia
- Prepreg-highly heat-resistant, transparent
B.S. Chemistry, Università degli Studi di Firenze, (University of Florence), Italy