Operations and Engineering in Business Development and Management, Supply Chain Logistics, Natural Resources, and Forestry
Technical Consultant #2517
Natural Resources, Engineer, and Operations Lead in: Supply chain logistics, business development, vendor relations and contract negotiations for small to large investment management firms specializing in forestry portfolios. Detecting lower cost solutions, Maintain cost controls, eliminating waste, preventing duplication, introducing quality-oriented supply partners and negotiating contract reductions.
Service billion-dollar organizations through maximize revenue, margin, and stakeholders’ profit.
- Providing straightforward and achievable solutions to complex problems.
- Structuring operations around optimal strategy and execution.
- Turning around programs and departments.
- Analyzing financial trends to reengineer and revitalize processes.
- Building and motivating highly effective cross-functional teams.
- Excellent business acumen.
Extensive supervisory and management experience in operational production environments and business administration settings. Comfortable wearing many hats liaising. collaboratively working across department boundaries, while building solutions to challenging issues.
- Production and Operations Management (Timberlands, Log Supply and Wood Products)
- Safety Management
- Executive Communication
- Relationship and Compliance Management
- Business Development
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Budget and Forecast
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Undisclosed Company, Dryside Manager, 2017 - 2020
- Leadership and accountability of Safety, Quality, Production and Operation Excellence initiatives on Finishing side of operation.
- People Development.
- Product Supply Management.
- Production Planning.
- Interface with Sales/Marketing Group.
- Customer Facing.
M.R,, Portland, OR, Prince Albert, SK, Consultant, 2012 - 2017
- Under contract with Zilkha Biomass to develop relationships with large timberland owners.
- Converting facilities with objective of building a network of wood pellet biomass facilities in PNW, and support proposed facilities in remainder of United States and Canada.
- Assess feedstock supply and demand dynamics for eight regional markets.
- Assess shipping and logistic constraints and model fiber flow potential.
- Led initiative to supplant fossil-based fuels in Canadian North with biomass fuels.
- Initiate log export program from B.C. west coast.
- Developed pipeline of prospects for regional supermarket to privatize liquor sales.
Sakâw Askiy Management Inc., Prince Albert, SK, General Manager, 2015 - 2017
- Assure all Forest Management Agreement covenants and responsibilities are achieved.
- Leadership, coordination and regulatory approval of Annual Operating Plan.
- Government, Stakeholder and Shareholder Relations and Executive Communication.
TPT US Ltd., Tacoma, WA, Supply and Operations Manager, 2013 - 2014
- Management and coordination of deliveries and cargo loads for clients’ export program.
- Provided Inland timberland owner with access to alternate, offshore markets through satellite export operation.
- International business and trade operations.
- Client, Operations and Executive Communications.
Campbell Group, Portland OR, Portfolio and Realty Manager, 2009 - 2011
- Represented four client portfolios, providing financial and investment analysis.
- Led small tract timberland sales.
- Client, Operations and Executive Communications.
Rayonier, Forks, WA, Timber Resources Manager , 2003 - 2008
- Operations Leadership and management of planning, engineering, infrastructure department and log marketing program.
- Process improvement – negotiated new business model with service providers to stabilize relationship, reduce risk and improve cost control.
- Created solution-oriented workforce, position organization to meet objectives, built credibility with executives and regulators.
- Introduced new advanced technology LiDAR into planning process and spearheaded the marriage with RoadEng software to improve time to market of harvest units.
Tolko Industries Ltd., British Columbia, Area Supervisor/Appraisal Forester, 1993 - 2003
- On-the-ground production supervision woodlands and sawmill.
- Assured lowest cost log to conversion facility.
- Managed log delivery budget over $25 million.
- Developed divisional Contractor Safety Program and Environmental Management System.
- Field engineering of multi-span log harvest system.
MacMillan Bloedel Ltd., British Columbia, Engineering Crewman, 1990 - 1993
- In field assessment and engineering of harvest units and roads.
Interfor, British Columbia, Log Coordinator, 1989 - 1990
- Raw material evaluation, procurement and trade on Vancouver Log Market.
Honors & Publications
- Certified Reliability Leader
- Lumber Grader Certification – Cariboo Lumber Manufacturers’ Association
- Interior Log Scaler – Province of British Columbia
- Leading for Performance – University of Florida Capital Investment Analysis
- Rayonier Quality Award Recipient Financial Statement Analysis
- Performance Management Workshop for Managers Forest Road & Cable Yarding Systems
- Management & Supervisory Development Terrain Hazard Assessment
- Conflict Resolution & Negotiation SkillsWCB Work Safe Supervisor Training
- Sawmilling 101 and Reliability Culture Management
- Registered Professional Forester, British Columbia
- Rayonier Quality Award Recipient
- M.B.A. Business Administration, University of Durham, Durham, U.K.
- B.S.F. Forestry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C.