- Specialty Chemicals for water in utilities and process applications.
- Simulation of water scale and corrosion based on chemical composition.
- Water and energy plant management.
- Extensive international experience in Asia, Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, creating and implementing strategies that resulted in a consistent growth of income and earnings.
- Analysis of financial reports, acquisition and integration of companies, elaboration of situational analyses, management of product lines and pricing.
- Technical and commercial chemical specialties marketing.
- Water treatment chemical programs design and applications.
- Process water specialty chemical programs applications for the mining industries.
- Water scale and corrosion tendency prediction with thermodynamics and kinetics models.
- Specialty chemicals monitoring and control automation.
- Innovation project pipeline management.
NW&EC, Director, 1987 - Present
Marketing Director, Latin America, Brazil and Chile, 2010 - 2018
- Reporting to the Global Marketing Director for the division.
- Responsible for all the Marketing functions for the region, including technical support, product line and market development. Geographic coverage of Latin America and the Caribbean under a matrix structure.
- Restructured sales department and segmentation of its personnel in the field increasing sales to $5.9 million, (13.0%) and increasing the gross profit margin in $6.9 million, (39.6%).
- Initiate research project that allowed the research department to formulate and patent a corrosion inhibitor for seawater.
- Manage the execution of innovation projects with the Department of Research and Regional development, launching commercially 2 new technologies, which generated sales of more than $4 million.
- Improve the training and level of expertise of the sales force in the region with the implementation of technical training modules by industry type and sessions in water treatment, estimation and communication of ROI and Security, among others.
- Launching of the WaterShed product line to optimize the management of tailings in the mining dams and recover water for the process.
- Introduced to Latin America the FrothPro™ float product line and collect-Ore collector for copper, molybdenum and coal mining, mainly.
- Deliver technical support to the sales force using the Mining Optimizer, water optimizer, RO Optimizer and WaterCycle software systems to simulate processes of corrosion/fouling in process waters, fresh water, seawater and desalinated in complex systems of customers.
- Part of the Marketing Community Board of Ecolab, an international representative of the marketing professionals in the company, with the objective to improve the global communication and to give consistency of our strategies, messages and value offerings, and achieving greater differentiation and recognition of customers and prospects.
- Provide technical and commercial presentations in mining congresses in several countries of the region, introducing new technologies, products and services to clients and prospects, generating new business opportunities.
Marketing Manager, Asia - Pacific, (Singapore), 2008 - 2010
- Reported directly to the Global Innovation Manager. Led the Technical Support Group and Product Line Marketing for the Water Treatment division in the region.
- Accountable for gross profitability from operations in India, Southeast Asia, China, Japan And Oceania.
- Completed the restructure of the Marketing Department in the region and created with top management the department dedicated to technical support and with Marketing Department
- Developed the select product line rationalization project in Asia, minimizing the impact of the economic crisis with better results for our competitors in the local market.
- Implemented in the region the "Stage and Gate" process to manage research and development projects regarding Water Treatment technologies.
- Introduction of 3D TRASAR technology for cooling water and steam generation systems in Japan.
Marketing Manager, Latin-American, (Venezuela/Brazil), 2001 - 2008
- Reporting to the Regional General Manager and Marketing President of the Global Division.
- Responsible for Technical Support, Product Lines and Market Development in the institutional and Industrial Services Division and continue looking for M&A in the region.
- Appointed member of NW&EC Marketing Advisory Council, acting as international representative. This Council was responsible for determining the requirements, curriculum, responsibilities and attributions of Marketing professionals globally and proposing to the senior management technical and commercial strategies for evaluation.
- Acquired and integrated the company Ecoquimica with our subsidiary In Mexico, increasing our participation by 6% in the local market.
- Coordinated together with the commercial and financial areas the merging of Unisolv and BIG divisions in the region achieving a CGAR in sales of 11%.
- Executed the restructuring of the Department of Marketing after the merge of the two divisions, achieving an important reduction in wage costs without affecting sales support.
- With assigned Marketing team carried out successfully the launching of new technologies (TRASAR, Triact and Nexguard) developed by the company, generating sales for more than $30 million in 4 years and receiving in the Global Prize for Innovation.
- Appointed as Market Leader for Change Management as well as Sales and Marketing Process Advisor for SAP implementation in Argentina, Brazil and Chile.
Marketing Manager, Latin-American, Unisolv Division, (Venezuela), 1999 - 2001
- Reporting to Unisolv Division, Latin America Manager. Responsible for Technical Support, Product Lines and Market Development, as well as the strategy to unify two of The Divisions (Unisolv and BIG), appointed as member of the M&A team in the region and Venezuela's Country Coordinator.
Company Manager. (Venezuela), 1997 - 1999
- Reporting to Latin America President. Responsible for financial results of the company in the country and sales for Central America and the Caribbean.
- Locally, started the transition from a global hierarchical company to functional matrix organization. Achieved double digit CAGR in sales, gross margin and earnings.
Division Manager, Process Division, (Venezuela), 1996 - 1997
- Responsible for leading Sales of Processes Division, and of the water and process divisions in Central America. In charge of 20 Professional.
- Achieved CAGR in sales of the order of 13% in two years.
Marketing Manager. (Venezuela), 1993 - 1995
- Responsible for managing the product line, launching of new technologies, market development and pricing.
- Involved in the formation of the Joint Venture between NW&EC and Exxon Chemicals for the oil production and processing market.
District Manager, (Venezuela), 1990 - 1993
- Responsible for sales of Central District, after consolidating three Districts in one.
Product Specialist, (Venezuela), 1987 - 1990
- Managed Water Treatment market product lines. Introduced Unisolv Division in the country.
Universidad Simon Bolivar, Chemistry Department, 1985 - 1987
- Associated Professor
Honors & Publications
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, SAP, and technical software.
- Kaizen method, Stage & Gate, Phase-Gate
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Franklin Covey, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Speed of Trust, Franklin Covey, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Finance for non-Finance Executives IESA, Caracas, Venezuela
- Counselor Sales Person, Wilson Learning, Caracas, Venezuela
- Leadership Management, Wilson Learning, Caracas, Venezuela
- Effective Presentation Skills, Communispond, Caracas, Venezuela
- Statistical Process Control, NW&EC Chemical Co., Caracas, Venezuela
- Spanish - Native
- English - Advanced
- Portuguese - Advanced
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member of American Water Works Association.
- Council Member of Gerson Lehrman Group
- Advisor member of Guidepoint
- M.Sc. Chemistry, University Simon Bolivar, Venezuela
- B.Sc. Chemistry, University Simon Bolivar, Venezuela