- New product development in the consumer, healthcare, agricultural, filtration, textiles, and paper arenas.
- Deliver financial directives for a variety of health care industries creating business opportunities, improved environments, increased sales exposure and product development.
- Rapid paced development and commercialization of new products in consumer and B2B sectors, (award winning new products development).
- Executing state of the art problem solving, project management and consumer insights development utilizing techniques such as KT, SPRINT and Agile.
- Provide merger and acquisition services for multimillion dollar corporations.
- End user insights development.
- Global cross functional team leadership.
- Technology scouting and open innovation.
- Innovation management coaching.
Undisclosed Company, President and Founder, 2015 - Present
- Expert, Coach and Mentor in new product innovation and commercialization.
- Startup of small and medium sized companies promoting their acceleration and innovation processes.
- Micro consulting on areas of expertise and the Fortune 500 process for innovation
- Consulting with Private Equity and Venture Capital firms on new product innovation and promoting client success faster and at a lower risk to the investors.
- Utilizing "just in time learning," clients are trained to understand insights in their target markets and in planning for the rapid scale-up and commercial success of the products they launch. A disciplined approach and training for Innovation Portfolio Management and the Stage Gate process is key. Providing extensive networking and experience in the new products and technology arena, attention can be given to technology scouting and competitive insights development.
- Training and implementation of customized new product Stage Gate and Portfolio Management systems
- Technology Scouting in healthcare and coatings development.
- Leading a Google SPRINT 5-day problem solving sessions for new to the world product applications
- Creator and developer of The Innovation Assessment Survey™, a diagnostic tool designed to explore key elements that are the overarching aspects of a functionally Innovative business.
- Board member for Tissue World 2016, New Orleans, Louisiana.
Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Roswell GA, Director, 2012 - 2015
Director of Innovation - Global Health & Wellness, KC Professional
- Innovation leader for global health and wellness products for away from home markets with a portfolio of new products worth into the billions.
- Co-Inventor of new to the world Onvation* - a smart building technology using IoT that provides property managers and building service contractors with up-to-the-minute monitoring of the restroom from any location - any time.
- Leader of Invention and commercialization for Scott* 24 Hour Surface Sanitizer. A first of a kind 24-hour residual sanitizer, an award winner of the Edison Award for Safety.
- Creation and global commercialization of The Healthy Workplace Project*. A suite of products, services, and communication tools that enable health and wellness in office environments. An IDSA IDEA Award winner. Within 2 years, this product was rolled out throughout the world.
- Design and commercialization of the MOD* Dispenser Systems for towels, tissue and soap. Winner of ISSA's Innovation Award. Year 3 sales the largest of any new product within the sector.
- Designer and Creator of an Exceptional Workplace* in our own innovation headquarters in Roswell, GA, moving from a world of beige cubicles to a multi-use facility for research, meetings and collaboration including an Airstream* trailer and a fire pit.
Director of Research-Engineering-Global Hand Hygiene-Tissue & Partnership Products, 2005 - 2012
- Innovation leader for global hand hygiene and tissue products for away from home markets.
- Responsible for development and global commercialization of new Kleenex* Cottenelle* brand and Scott* brand tissue and towels and Kleenex* brand hand sanitizers and soaps.
- Leader of Gillette Oral-B® Brush Ups™ Tooth Wipe development and commercialization program awarded as one of 'The Best New Products' by Business Week Magazine with multimillion dollars in sales, year one.
- Technology leader of Air Filtration Media business with KC - Developed ground breaking new filter media used by major consumer products companies, e.g. 3M and Lowes, achieving double-digit annual sales growth every year.
- Leader and technical liaison of new product development efforts using Kimberly-Clark materials with innovative Fortune 500 companies, e.g. SC Johnson, Johnson & Johnson, Owens Corning, DuPont, 3M.
Research Manager - Professional Health Care, SafeSkin Research and Development, 1999 - 2005
- Developed and successfully implemented research and development portion of acquisition strategy for the SafeSkin Corporation acquisition, a $600 million company, into Kimberly-Clark.
- Rapidly assessed overall technical capabilities, personnel and intellectual assets of acquired company while maintaining all new product and commercialization initiatives with the developed and commercialized 5 new medical glove products with potential sales of over $10 million during year one.
- Led design and construction of a $4.5 million state of the art technical lab and pilot facilities for latex and synthetic glove development.
Individual Contributor-(Nonwoven Fabrics Business), Professional Health Care, 1985 - 1999
- Developer of unique medical, agricultural, industrial textile and air filter products for the B2B market and outside consumer products companies.
Glidden Coatings and Resins
- Chemist - Industrial Paints.
Honors & Publications
- American Chemistry Society Certification
- Leadership Development Program - Center for Creative Leadership
- IDEOU a hands-on design and development program - IDEO
- Patent Law for Managers - Center for Professional Advancement
- Kepner Tregoe Problems Solving Analysis - Kepner Tregoe
- Quality Functional Deployment (QFD) and Taguchi Methods - ASI
- Simplex Creativity Development, Facilitator Training - Center for Applied Creativity
- Skin and Wound Care Preceptorial - Emory University
- Product Development Best Practices
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Past secretary of SSPC 52.2 General Ventilation Air Cleaning Devices
- Current member of Technical Committee 2.4 Particulate Air Contaminants
- American Filtration Society (AFS)
- International Nonwovens and Disposables Association (INDA)
- International Organization for Standards (ISO) TC 142 Cleaning Equipment for Air and Other Gases - US Technical Advisory Group
- National Air Filtration Association (NAFA)
- Product Development Management Association (PDMA)
- Edison Award for Safety-A first of a kind 24-Hour Surface Sanitizer Spray
- IDSA IDEA Award, The Healthy Workplace Project,* (software suite of products)
- ISSA's Innovation Award, for KLEENEX,MOD* Dispenser Systems for towels, tissue and soap
- Business Week's, Best New Products for Gillette-Oral-B® Brush Ups™Finger Toothbrush
- Inventor, Co-Inventor of numerous patents, in medical gloves, nonwoven personal products, agricultural fabrics, disposable products, and building management products.
- B.S. Chemistry, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA