- Designing RF circuits from 60GHz through 10MHz for commercial and military applications.
- Process laboratory testing for RFIC and commercial electronics through 6GHz with the capability of prototyping.
- Soil moisture measurement-sensors in ground - patent, shaping electric field.
- Soil moisture measurement-remote sensing radar-high resolution sensing (patent).
- RF / Microwave ASIC / MMIC design.
- RF / Microwave Front end design, Component design, VCO design, and Filters.
- Low cost RF/ Microwave design for manufacturing: Board, manufacturing cost, assembly and test.
- Key Account Management-Technical Management.
- In ground soil moisture sensors utilizing broadside coupled lines to direct EM fields outside the package to improve soil penetration. Single frequency and dual frequency sensors measure magnitude and complex dielectric constant.
- Remote sensor FMCW radar at 400MHz, includes novel compression technique. Capable of penetrating 10' of soil with 10mW of TX power.
- Power amplifier power management and IC (Integrated Circuit) development.
- RF-ASIC DESIGN - UTSi CMOS TX/RX switches and mixers design. Characterization of performance, productization, and initial customer development (Mini Circuits) and derivative products for production.
- Advanced System Techniques. Systems design determining optimization of MMIC components in existing systems for the space and defense industries.
- Design-Integration of flight units: specification; component development, assembly, test, reviews, to final client sale.
Undisclosed Company, RF Design Engineer, 2013 - Present
- Patented in ground soil moisture sensors utilizing broadside coupled lines to direct EM fields outside the package to improve soil penetration.
- Single frequency and dual frequency sensors measure magnitude and complex dielectric constant.
- Remote sensor FMCW radar at 400MHz includes novel compression technique. Capable of penetrating 10' of soil with 10mW of TX power.
CSR: Cambridge Silicon Radio, Regional Sales Manager, 2009 - 2013
- Clients: Google, Logitech, Microsoft, Intel, Nike, and Apple.
Maxlinear, Director, 2006 - 2009
- Director of Global Sales: Managed and Installed a WW sales force, inside sales, technical support, representative and distributor network capable of supporting Americas, Europe, and Asia, with focus to CMOS (Complementary Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor), tuners and set top box chipsets.
- Increased sales to $38 million per year from $30k, per month, resulting in the corporation going public and broader international presence.
Skyworks Solutions - Conexant Systems, Manager, 1999 - 2002
Global Business Development
- Focus to: GSM/CDMA/PA Chipset sales in China, Latin America, and India.
- Responsibilities: New customer development; Installing, Representative and Distribution Manager; direct customer engagement, identify and eliminate barriers to entry.
- Supported the China Sales VPs mission of growing business via strategic partnerships and improved local technical support.
Global FAE Operations
- Managed Global technical sales arm 15-20 people located throughout Asia and Europe to support PA and RFIC Sales.
- Managed and installed three design centers, provided training, support materials, maintained up to date competitor information, tracked new design opportunities.
- Key customers include (Korea) Samsung, LG, (Taiwan) Benq, (China) ZTE, Huawei (Japan) Sony, (US) Qualcomm, Nokia, Motorola, Kyocera, Broadcom, Sierra wireless.
- Power Amplifier Power Management IC development for the client, Nokia.
- Submitted white paper-Principal author of three patents covering (PA) Power Amplifier and power management.
Peregrine Semiconductor, 1997 - 1999
- RF-ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuits) design - UTSi CMOS TX/RX switches and mixers design.
- Characterization of performance, productization, and initial customer development (Mini Circuits). Derivative products are currently in production.
TRW Space & Defense, Front End Electronics Specialist, 1987 - 1997
- Advanced System Techniques. A systems level design project aimed at determining the optimum use of MMIC components.
- Unit engineer responsible for the design and integration of 3 flight units. Unit specification; supervision of component development; coordination of assembly, test, reviews.
Honors & Publications
Publications and Patents
- Authored articles published in IEEE Publications
- Eight patents in various stages, for the crop and soil moisture areas.
- B.S. Engineering - Fields and Waves, California State University, Northridge, CA