- Consumer Engineer developing products in medical, electronics, automotive, and military.
- Product optimization for manufacturing from concept development through production implementation.
- Educator in Manufacturing Technology, providing troubleshooting and analytical review.
- Manage and oversee multi-million dollar tooling projects.
- Concept development of Schick Hydro advanced technologies.
Products and Processes
- Stamping dies
- Product development
- Multi material molding
- Project management
- Design for manufacturability
- Cad and analysis
- Material selection and material performance
- Tool making
- Instructional development
- Machining methods
- Process development and troubleshooting
Undisclosed Company, Manufacturing Engineer, 2016 - Present
- Responsible for new product implementation into production. Includes early involvement in product design, line extensions, CNC process design and manufacturing start-up.
- Mentor up and coming talent pool of engineers.
Edgewell, Milford, CT, Staff Tooling Engineer, 2014 - 2016
- Responsible for development of high volume products from concept parts through multi-cavity injection molds.
- Lead technical team members and manage vendors on capital projects.
- Progressively increasing responsibility starting with Senior Tooling Engineer and progressing to Tooling Manager.
- New products introduction and responsible for Playtex products Infant and Fem Care value steam new products.
- Capital project responsibility on projects up to $8,000,000 per project. Molds and equipment were my primary areas of capital expenditure. Ability to manage several projects at once. Products involved in: Schick Hydro, Schick Quattro, Schick Intuition, Playtex Cups, Playtex Diaper Genie, Playtex Sport Click and others.
- Involvement started at ideation stage and progressed to production start-up and handoff. Provided technical problem solving for production as part of manufacturing improvement teams. Managed teams and direct reports of up to 6 direct and 20 indirect reports. Managed virtual teams (Global) as well as development labs and engineering staff.
- Skills used included Lean Six Sigma techniques, influencing cross functional mixed matrix team members and staff reporting to other organizational areas as well as many other acquired skills mentioned in other areas.
- Mentor up and coming talent pool.
State of Connecticut, Meriden, CT, Instructor and Professor, 2012 - 2015
- Instructor for Junior and Senior high school students for Manufacturing Technology programs.
- Teach all aspects of machine shop metal working from manual machining to Cad/Cam to CNC set-up and machining. Responsible for theory lessons and hands on machining lessons.
- Community college Professor for Advanced Manufacturing Program teaching courses on Lean Manufacturing, Shop Math, Statistics, CAM, CAD, Blueprint Reading, CNC quality systems, and more.
Bic Corporation, Milford, CT, Senior Engineer, 1998 - 2002
- New Product Development supporting design engineers as the bridge from paper to plastic interacting with manufacturing into production.
- Responsibilities include: set-up and supervise of Mold Test lab with 3 injection molding machines, placement of injection molds both production and prototype, following molds through until production start-up including specifying molding cells, design review input, material's research and specification, model construction, debugging of injection molds, and specifying mold concepts.
- Computer use: Microsoft office including MS Project, Pro Engineer, Prospector plastic database software, and Internet software.
- Responsible for development and production start-up of line extensions and new products.
Honors & Publications
Training and Certifications
- Black Belt Six Sigma training
- Lean Six Sigma methods
- Technical trainer and educator.
- IIL Project Management
- "Tool & Die Maker" Journeyman
- Blood borne pathogens
- MSDS, Hazardous material training
- Budget training
- Molding machines-types;, extruders, plastics, tool design, processing, cam systems, and CNC machines
- Software: Solidworks, Pro/Engineer, Moldflow, Autocad, Minitab, Microsoft Office, Microsoft
- Inventor-Co-Inventor of 3 U.S. Patents for the personal care industry.
- M.S. Engineering Management, University of New Haven, West Haven, CT
- B.S. Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, CT
- A.S. Manufacturing Engineering, Greater New Haven State Technical College, North Haven, CT