Industrial Gases, Specialty Gases, Gas Control Equipment and Gas Cylinders Expert
Technical Consultant #2423
- Specialty gases, air emissions, waste water treatment for the Oil, Gas, Food Processing and Pharmaceutical Industries.
- High pressure gas cylinder, related valves, gas control equipment (regulators, valves, distribution systems).
- Merger, Acquisitions and integration of International businesses related to the Oil, Gas, Food Processing and Pharmaceutical Markets.
- Multiple technology innovations including waste water treatment and nano-technology.
- International gas metrology standards, eg ISO17025, ISO Guide 34 and accreditation.
- Air emissions legislation and mitigation activities in automotive, marine and static emissions.
- Project management, Sales and Marketing, Team leadership, Strategy development and execution.
- Industry sectors: Automotive, Environmental, Digital, HighTech, Analytical instrumentation, Laboratory, Chemical, Oil and Gas, Food processing, and Pharmaceutical.
- Coaching, consulting, interim management: Retained advisor to private equity fund: Certified empathic coach using NVC:
Undisclosed Company, Managing Director, 2017 - Present
- Coaching, consulting, interim management.
- Retained advisor to private equity fund.
- Certified empathic coach using NVC.
- Recognized practitioner of The Personal Agility System®.
- Retained consultant to private equity firms advising on valuations, business transformation and Merger and Acquisition activities in industrial gases, specialty gases and related gas equipment.
- Consultant to industrial and specialty gases companies advising on topics such as hydrogen production, chemical gases hazards, high pressure gas cylinders and market trends.
Linde Gas, Munich, Germany, Operations Manager, 2007 - 2017
Global Head of Specialty Gases and Specialty Equipment
- Leadership of an international team who directed regional business units in a matrix structure.
- Achieved global market share leadership. Growth consistently over-performed vs market.
- Business strategy development and execution for high value specialty gases and equipment
- Business development and project management.
- Global HiQ® branding implementation and related cultural change.
- Team building and development, in my team and through the matrix.
- Development and execution of market communication strategy.
- Leadership of global best practice transfer network.
- Product development, project management and Research and Development program management.
- Supply chain transformation for competitive advantage.
- Production and Research and Development capex investments to secure sustainable market competitiveness.
- Use of digital technology for customer focused innovation and use of Agile methods.
- Leadership in environmental market products and applications.
- Multiple product registrations according to European legislation.
- Organizational restructuring and acquisition integration.
- Utilization of servant leadership style to promote culture of trust and international collaboration.
- Introduction of Agile principles to business development projects.
BOC Gases, The BOC Group, Windlesham, U.K., Global Director - Scientific Market, 2003 - 2007
- Business leadership in safety, service, operations and commercial strategy.
- Program delivery and project execution in collaboration with regional business managers and other global functional teams.
- Global technology leadership in waste water treatment using oxygen.
- Implementation of CRM system in U.K. national business.
- Implementation of SAP ERP system in U.K. national business.
- Design and commissioning of air gases and CO (carbon) production facilities.
- Cultural transformation from administration through service to sales.
- Implementation of a high growth strategy to develop the trade sales channel.
- Introduction of tiered segmented service offerings to industrial gases users.
- Change management including Merger and Acquisitions (M&A) and home healthcare business integration.
- Year on year profit margin improvement.
- Regularly exceeded profit growth budgets.
- Implementation of price surcharge for hazardous materials.
- SAP implementation (SHE, commercial, production and supply chain) in Canada and Thailand.
- Growth strategy implementation in Poland.
- Transformation from product focused to market focused sales strategy.
- Acquisition and integration of business in Poland and Canada.
- Capex investments for production in South Africa and Thailand.
- Business strategy development and project management for market entry and growth in China.
Honors & Publications
- Certified empathic coach using NVC
- Chemical Engineering, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, University of London, Great Britain
- Master of Chemical Engineering Honours Degree: MEng, ACGI
- Marketing and Management-core Engineering Program
- Recognized practitioner of The Personal Agility System
- High performance global leadership
- International, Blue Chip experience in Great Britain and Germany
- Empathic coaching, CCEL Training
- The Personal Agility System®, Saat network GmbH
- Linde: Various leadership and management training
- CTI, Stuttgart: SCR Systems for automotive exhaust gas after treatment
- Hill & Knowlton PR Agentur: Communication with external media
- London Business School: "High Performance People Skills for Leaders"
- Cranfield School of Management: "Marketing for Senior Managers"
- BOC: Management development program
- Courtaulds Chemicals Ltd: Process design
- BP Chemicals Ltd: R&D
- Plastech Ltd: Composite materials: purchasing and supply chain.
- Chartered Chemical Engineer, CEng, MIChemE
- English (native)
- German (fluent)
- Portuguese (good)
- French (good)
Academic and Professional Affiliations
Associate Member of the City and Guilds Institute (ACGI)
- European technical innovation awards related to waste water treatment with oxygen (received 2 awards).
- European business innovation award for customer web site innovation.
- "SPEEDUP" prize for the application of computers to Chemical Engineering.
- Courtaulds Chemicals Industrial Award
- Innovative application of digital Technology.
- Author and Industry Spokesperson with more than 30 published journal articles.
- 3 granted patents related to waste water treatment with oxygen.
- 2 patent applications for metals coating using nano-technology.
- 1 patent application for gas blending apparatus.
- M.S.C.E. Chemical Engineering, Imperial College, University of London, Kensington, Great Britain